Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CD sat nav inop

DeltaBluesB3Player

Hi I just bought a 57 plate Avensis TS3 D4D at auction and when I went to collect it the Battery was flat and required a jump start.

I noticed straight away that the CD/Nav had an error message on the screen "A program cannot be read. Please consult to a dealer" followed by a load of Japanese characters.

I had a new Battery installed but that didn't make any difference to the message.

Can anyone advise me how to resolve this problem...If I cant have music I might as well sell the car!!!

From what I learnt from my friend, who used to own a Mk2 TR, you need to have the discs that came with the car installed. The disc will reset and initialised the CD/Nav unit on reboot, when the Battery is reconnected. My friend had something done on his car and Battery disconnected. He had no CD/Nav/radio. He installed the disc and everything returned.

The disc does not need to be in the unit, once the CD/Nav is fully initialised. Hopefully the disc is with the owners manual, spare keys and other paperwork, but some owners tend to misplace these items. Hopefully you got everything or you may need to contact the previous owner, to see if they still have the items - long shot.  

Hi Konrad this sounds very helpful. I have one disc in the car but no others. Do you know whether I need to have the full set of discs to get the system up and running?

If so can you or anyone advise if the set on eBay with the ad number 263055680291 and the heading Toyota Avensis Full European DVD Navigation System E13 (4 DVD's), is what I need?

If so I will buy them.

Thanks in advance for all your help

You should only need the 1 disc. Have you checked/cleaned the disc or the laser? 

• Like 1

I have 1 Disc which is labelled DVD Navigation Europe A

so as no previous experience I have no clue as to whether this is the right DVD Rom to get the system working

IMG_0893.JPG

1 hour ago, DeltaBluesB3Player said:

I have 1 Disc which is labelled DVD Navigation Europe A

so as no previous experience I have no clue as to whether this is the right DVD Rom to get the system working

IMG_0893.JPG

Load that DVD to reboot. 

• 3 years later...

I think I have a complete set of disc which I got when I replaced my Toyota Unit with an other Toyota unit as the original one packed up, the Sat Nav CD Unit packed up which is very common as the disc continually spins and the laser burns out. If you need a set you can have them if they're any help. My Avensis is T25 on a '58 plate so will work on uses.

On 11/14/2020 at 12:24 PM, TARIQ1967 said:

I don't have CD and have 10 plate avens is. Where can I get the CD from

I suspect your car being the later T27, uses a SD memory card. These are known to go missing as a friend has told me. State the make and model of your your unit, so somebody can confirm it is a memory card. You should have the owners manual and stereo manual that came with the car! That will tell you what you need to know. 

The problem with the built in navigation, is that it's always out of date! If I had one in my car, I would still use my Samsung phone which has Google, Waze and Here maps, plus traffic avoidance and up to date. If your memory card is missing, you can get one from Toyota (very expensive), or go on the internet, but you need to be careful, and you won't get the most up to date data.  

Maybe it will help, but if you want to sell then do not spend money on it.

On 7/10/2017 at 9:51 PM, DeltaBluesB3Player said:

Hi I just bought a 57 plate Avensis TS3 D4D at auction and when I went to collect it the battery was flat and required a jump start.

I noticed straight away that the CD/Nav had an error message on the screen "A program cannot be read. Please consult to a dealer" followed by a load of Japanese characters.

I had a new battery installed but that didn't make any difference to the message.

Can anyone advise me how to resolve this problem...If I cant have music I might as well sell the car!!!

I had a similar issue, bought a 2017/18 sat nave disc for £15 (ish) on eBay and loaded it in, worked straight away, with improved graphics to boot.

This was on my 2007/8 T25 with 9010 unit.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys first post (i think).

I have the same issue in my Auris 180 SR 2.2 D4d ('58) - again after the batter was disconnected. I appreciate im in the Avensis section but i couldn't find the same error on the Auris section. My question is, do you know what the SAt Nav system model is on the '58 plate Auris SR ? I looked in the handbook but no avail. 

Thanks,

Matt