Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vibration at 2000 rpm under load Verso-S (like a Yaris) 1.4 D-4D

Killian Lobato

Hi,

I have a Verso-S diesel and have noticed a strong vibration when I put the engine under load under 2000 RPM. This is most noticeable in 4th, 5th and 6th gears. Anybody else notice the same?

I notice the vibration through the car seat at the central rear view mirror vibrates to a point that I cannot correctly see through it.

Regards,

Killian

I have no experience of these models as my Yaris is an auto but have you got a dual mass flywheel on this car? are the engine mounts secure/worn? Either of these can cause severe vibrations.

• 7 months later...

Hey Killian,did you ever find the cause??I have the same problem with my auris 2009 1.4d4d,bad vibration from 1700--2100 rpm,in 4th,5th and 6th when engine is labouring/under load.when it's at its worst,it will make the whole inside dash shutter/vibrate!any help welcome!

Do you need to update your profile to include the Auris.

As above: check engine mounts. If OK, suspect Dual mass flywheel - failed springs...

Frostyballs,

Yes! Same engine same symptoms!

9 hours ago, seanybuck said:

Hey Killian,did you ever find the cause??I have the same problem with my auris 2009 1.4d4d,bad vibration from 1700--2100 rpm,in 4th,5th and 6th when engine is labouring/under load.when it's at its worst,it will make the whole inside dash shutter/vibrate!any help welcome!

Hi Seanybuck,

No answer to problem. Car is in wife’s hands now who is oblivious to this. I got myself a 2004 2.0 d4d corolla which is way smoother.

have you taken your car to a Toyota garage to see what they say?

9 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Do you need to update your profile to include the Auris.

This was aimed at Seanybuck.

• 8 months later...

Moved to the Verso S club.

I have a auris touring 2014 1.4d4d

I feel the vibration in all the car between 1700 2000 rpm going uphill 

Its  anoying

On 7/11/2017 at 1:27 PM, Killian Lobato said:

Hi,

I have a Verso-S diesel and have noticed a strong vibration when I put the engine under load under 2000 RPM. This is most noticeable in 4th, 5th and 6th gears. Anybody else notice the same?

I notice the vibration through the car seat at the central rear view mirror vibrates to a point that I cannot correctly see through it.

Regards,

Killian

We didnt get the Verso-S diesel in the uk , I did fancy one as a good practical size car .

My Auris Touring 2015 1.4 d4d also vibrates at similar revs when under load . I have put it down to be slightly underpowered for the weight of the car as my previous auris MK 1 1.4 d4d did it to a lesser extent and my Mk1 Yaris 1.4 d4d pulled like a train on hills and never suffered from the vibration.

Is the Verso S 6 speed ?

I had a auris mk1 5speed too and it didnt do that vibration.. 

I think Its clutch related

• 4 months later...

I'm experiencing same vibration issues om my 2015 Corolla 1.4D at around 1900 - 2000rpm, especially in 4th, 5th and 6th gears. Did anyone get feedback from Toyota on this issue?

Dealer claims I'm laboring the engine. Can't see how this is possible since max torque is available lowdown between 1800 rpm - 2800 rpm.

• 4 months later...
On 11/7/2018 at 11:38 PM, Joeltheone said:

I have a auris touring 2014 1.4d4d

I feel the vibration in all the car between 1700 2000 rpm going uphill 

Its  anoying

Do you still have this problem?

• 2 months later...

I solved this problem. The clutch disc needs to be changed, the problem is in it. Specifically, in the mechanism selected in the picture. The original disc from AISIN is very weak, preferably using a more expensive one, such as LUK or another reputable company.

auris _ambreiaj.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem on my Auris 1.4D 2010. I have suspected for a while that it was the clutch that is the problem. If I press the pedal lightly, the sound changes.

• 1 year later...
On 11/7/2019 at 10:34 AM, yaris01 said:

I solved this problem. The clutch disc needs to be changed, the problem is in it. Specifically, in the mechanism selected in the picture. The original disc from AISIN is very weak, preferably using a more expensive one, such as LUK or another reputable company.

auris _ambreiaj.jpg

From which manufacturer did you buy the clutch?

• 5 months later...

I put from LUK, all ok after two years and 45 000 km.

• 1 month later...

I solved my problem with the clutch from Sachs. Like a brand new car to drive now. The car has traveled 230,000km now and never go so well.

• Like 1