Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota recycle light always on?

Coolissimo

Hi, 

I noticed that my air conditioner was running low, as no cold air coming in, also I noticed that the light of the recycle air on the central panel was always on when I start the car so , I thought was a way to say that the Gas of the air conditioner was running low. I book an appointment to be done this job, but  the light is still on when I start the car .

Is this normal???

Thanks for the answer

Yes. It is normal when set below approx 19°C. Try raising the temperature and note the Re-circulate light will go out.

• Like 3

Duplicate threads deleted.

Agree with Konrad above.  The system decides the best settings for the vents and air con - if the heater is set to a drastically lower temp than the outside ambient air temp, the system knows that it's easier to cool the air it's already cooled than cool 'new' hot air from outside - so it enables recirc mode.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Konrad C said:

Yes. It is normal when set below approx 19°C. Try raising the temperature and note the Re-circulate light will go out.

1 hour ago, alan333 said:

Agree with Konrad above.  The system decides the best settings for the vents and air con - if the heater is set to a drastically lower temp than the outside ambient air temp, the system knows that it's easier to cool the air it's already cooled than cool 'new' hot air from outside - so it enables recirc mode.

Thanks for the answer,will the lights be on, even if the air condition is off? or even I am not using the ventilation? 

Third duplicate thread deleted - please cease posting duplicate threads.

The a/light is only on if the a/c is on.

3 hours ago, Coolissimo said:

Thanks for the answer,will the lights be on, even if the air condition is off? or even I am not using the ventilation? 

The re-circulation light will come on once the ignition is on, even if the fan is off. Same for the vent position display. The air-con only illuminates when the fan is on and A/C in use, as Alan has said. The temperature display will only show with the fan on.

Edited by Konrad C
Additional info

3 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

I dont know what is happening with the duplicated threads.It might be  a bug

3 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

There may be a bug in the system. I am only seeing one thread, but as administrator can see what is happening.

Just now, Konrad C said:

There may be a bug in the system. I am only seeing one thread, but as administrator can see what is happening.

I created this thread and I did not close the page, I just refresh the page to see the answers, so I don't see how is duplicating :(, or why. Well I do apologize,  for that but, seems a sort of a bug

• Like 1

Have you checked and changed the cabin filter located behind the glove box. It is fairly cheap and easy to do, and overlooked! 

P1080250.thumb.JPG.575acc1e6c2198052eb53ae04e083ccf.JPG

P1070832.thumb.JPG.594798104aa80355ed91dc4b1028ae91.JPGP1070828.thumb.JPG.81cf2c5c2311dd9f36e6700699c13edd.JPGP1070829.thumb.JPG.a1f59e2707c9304a143708be2642bc19.JPGP1080253.thumb.JPG.02f4754ea0ba707261ae81495370ab7a.JPG

The photos are guides. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2017 at 9:33 PM, Konrad C said:

Have you checked and changed the cabin filter located behind the glove box. It is fairly cheap and easy to do, and overlooked! 

P1080250.thumb.JPG.575acc1e6c2198052eb53ae04e083ccf.JPG

P1070832.thumb.JPG.594798104aa80355ed91dc4b1028ae91.JPGP1070828.thumb.JPG.81cf2c5c2311dd9f36e6700699c13edd.JPGP1070829.thumb.JPG.a1f59e2707c9304a143708be2642bc19.JPGP1080253.thumb.JPG.02f4754ea0ba707261ae81495370ab7a.JPG

The photos are guides. 

Hi Konrad, 

Thanks once again for your help, actually I did not change it , I had already did it 8 months ago, and only cleaned it, but will buy a new one.

On 2017-7-11 at 3:38 PM, Konrad C said:

I don't think that it is quite this simple (at least for the climate control rather than basic a/c etc.) - I haven't fully sussed it yet but it also seems to take into account the desired temperature set & the outside temp.

If the outside temp. is higher than desired temp. > recirculate; if desired temp. is higher than outside temp. recirc. is not set - this seems to work within 0.5-1C.

(I tend to have mine set at 18C so the last week has seen outside temps. ranging from considerably below that to 26C+ which gave me the chance to see what happened if the inside temp. was set to a range of values against a range of outside temps. )

On 7/25/2017 at 6:47 PM, Heidfirst said:

I don't think that it is quite this simple (at least for the climate control rather than basic a/c etc.) - I haven't fully sussed it yet but it also seems to take into account the desired temperature set & the outside temp.

If the outside temp. is higher than desired temp. > recirculate; if desired temp. is higher than outside temp. recirc. is not set - this seems to work within 0.5-1C.

(I tend to have mine set at 18C so the last week has seen outside temps. ranging from considerably below that to 26C+ which gave me the chance to see what happened if the inside temp. was set to a range of values against a range of outside temps. )

Thanks Heidfirst

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links