Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How long you had your Yaris?

gar

Hi, I am returning to the Yaris forum after many years away for no real reason other then busy and "Forgot"!

However, I have owned and driven the same Yaris now, since it was new back in 2002. (1.3 CDX auto) My daughter also drives it and I returned to the forum to look into leakage in the front passenger footwell but this made me wonder who still owns and drives the same car, from new, the longest? (Not in garage, off road, on sorn, etc).

Regards, GAR.

June 2005 so 12 years now..

I bought a 3 door 1.3 auto for my mother-in-law back in March 2002. It's never been any trouble........had to replace the original Battery about 6 months ago. 

Can't say the same for the keys though, she's been using a Timpsons basic key with one of the original transponder units Gaffer taped inside the cowl for about 5 years now.

8 hours ago, Berisford said:

I bought a 3 door 1.3 auto for my mother-in-law back in March 2002. It's never been any trouble........had to replace the original battery about 6 months ago. 

Can't say the same for the keys though, she's been using a Timpsons basic key with one of the original transponder units Gaffer taped inside the cowl for about 5 years now.

You can get a replacement off eBay quite cheaply. I did and it was original. Got it cut at... Timpsons!

• Like 1

Nearly a year. It's my first car and it's been faultless!

I bought Yaris Hybrid on on 4th July 2017.

I have owned my 2002 1.0 GLS since 2007(47k). My dad has a 54 1.3 TSpirit (30k). The only non-service part to have failed on either is the front washer pump on the TSpirit. The exhausts still seem fine and neither vehicle seems to attract advisories in the MOT. Went into local Toyota dealer recently for the obligatory replacement airbag switch and they seemed to give their, albeit unsolicited, approval to the cars generally with a wedge of green ticks.  

On 7/13/2017 at 7:37 AM, Berisford said:

I bought a 3 door 1.3 auto for my mother-in-law back in March 2002. It's never been any trouble........had to replace the original battery about 6 months ago. 

Would that have been a Delphi Battery, by any chance? Replaced the original last November after almost fifteen years. It didn't actually fail but I simply reckoned another winter would have seen it go tіts-up. My dads one went a year earlier so he obviously had a rogue. :smile: So well done, Delphi and well done, Toyota. 

On 17/07/2017 at 5:21 PM, Yaristotle said:

Would that have been a Delphi battery, by any chance? Replaced the original last November after almost fifteen years. It didn't actually fail but I simply reckoned another winter would have seen it go tіts-up. My dads one went a year earlier so he obviously had a rogue. :smile: So well done, Delphi and well done, Toyota. 

No, it was a Furukawa Battery Yaristotle and like your Delphi, it didn't fail but when starting it sounded tired and I figured a drop in temperature might be the end of it. Either way, sterling service from both Delphi and Furukawa.

I have a 52 plate 1.3 Yaris SR 3dr (2Yrs) with 98k  which I use for racing and it's fine I drive it to the event's Sprint it and then drive back, I also have a 2013 1.33 Yaris SR 3dr (1yr) with 15k it's an awesome bit of kit (now Tweaked), before that I had a Corolla 1.6 T3 3rd (10Yrs)used on the road and track never a problem.

At the mo I'm trying to get my younger sister a Yaris and move her away from that Citroen C1 she has, and also my cousin to get one too.  

I bought my 2003 Yaris S D-4D in October 2012, one previous owner, with 60k miles. Now at 115k miles, averaging 67.42 mpg. I have been to Lands End and John'o'Groats (not on the same trip). Last year I did 1896 Miles I in nine days on a tour of Scotland, taking in the North Coast 500.

• Like 1

Sept 1st 2015. I drove it out the forecourt at 1030 and enjoyed being one of the first 65 reg on the road! :biggrin:

It's coming up to its second birthday (18k), and it has been faultless! All hail Toyota!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links