Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Verso Buyer

AYGOSTU

Hi, 

I am going to look at a verso 2013 (62 plate) tomorrow, its a 2.0D-4DXL model, with lots of extras. 

The car ticks all the boxes for our family needs, but I have a question.. It has the 'Touch & go Navigation', and I have been reading about the 'touch & go' and the 'touch & go 2' in the new models... I really want RTI  traffic updates, as my current car satnav has this and it has saved me many times.

can anyone with the T&G confirm if it has this feature?  

If it does not have this feature is it possible to upgrade to 'touch & go 2' ? 

thank you for any advice. 

• 1 month later...

Blimey, these Verso pages are dead... no responses to my thread in weeks.. not like the Aygo club ! 

Anyway.. an update, we bought a pearl white 2016 (8 month old), 4k miles Verso design. FULL leather (very hard find), touch & go 2, many features including panoramic roof. The car is a very high spec and really nice inside & out. we went for the new face lift model with the 1.6D BMW Engine. this is supposed to be really efficient, and only has £30 per year road tax. I am very dubious about the very high MPG toyota claims (combined of 62.8mpg.. I will believe it if i ever see it), however if it can match / beat our last car (BMW 2.0d touring M Sport) im happy. Over almost 31k miles that car averaged 47.6 MPG...  

So far we have covered 1700 miles in 2 months, with a Fuelly tracked average MPG of 45.6 (not many Versos seem to be registered on Fuelly.. ours was the first 2016 model). So its WAY off what Toyota claims, but not far off our BMW so im happy. Im hoping with some more miles under its belt, and once worn in the MPG will increase and it might beat our old BMW. 

We are loving the car, it does exactly what we need. It swallows all our stuff, and shortly will be going on a loaded road trip holiday and will be using the back seats. The car has manages several dump runs, and the boot takes a LOT of stuff.. I highly recommend the boot liner.

The wife loves the car, and says its the best car shes had.. Its a great family bus and I cant really fault it for what its made for.. it looks very good too in the white with black contrasting details. I will add a picture shortly. We are very pleased we searched for one with high spec and full leather, I cannot recommend this enough if you have kids.. its sick/mud/****/drink/urine/food proof... everything just wipes off with baby wipes very easily. It also makes the car feel really prestige over the base spec.  

So far the car is fairing up well and I will continue posting back periodic updates 

Stu

5 hours ago, AYGOSTU said:

So its WAY off what Toyota claims, but not far off our BMW so im happy. Im hoping with some more miles under its belt, and once worn in the MPG will increase and it might beat our old BMW. 

Toyota states the mpg under the NEDC (about to be replaced because it's known to not reflect real world driving) laboratory tests which are the only figures that they are legally allowed to quote.

It's normal for real world results to be less than the NEDC figures but some people seem to be getting close. https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/toyota/verso-2013

I have not seen that before on honest john, but I'm a bit sceptical as you can't see the users profiles or anything behind the mpg tracked, unlike fuelly. You just seem to fill in a box and submit.. great though if anyone's getting 60mpg. We do about 20k -30k miles per year, so will accurately track what this car can do. 130 miles per day across a mixture af real worl real roads. Country lanes, dual carriageway, motorway :) 

Either way, loving the car and very pleased with our purchase.

Does anyone know why the service intervals are greater for business users?? I was looking in the service book.. every 10k for private or. 12k for Business?? Seems a bit weird to me. I have never seen that in all the cars I have had. Basically over 5 years they get another service out of you if your a private user. 

On 8/30/2017 at 7:20 AM, AYGOSTU said:

Does anyone know why the service intervals are greater for business users?? I was looking in the service book.. every 10k for private or. 12k for Business?? Seems a bit weird to me. I have never seen that in all the cars I have had. Basically over 5 years they get another service out of you if your a private user. 

Business users tend to do fewer, longer trips than private users. More motorway runs, fewer school drops. Their mileage is kinder on the car, so the extended service interval makes sense. All the same, I've never seen it either.

1 hour ago, Peterkin said:

Business users tend to do fewer, longer trips than private users. More motorway runs, fewer school drops. Their mileage is kinder on the car, so the extended service interval makes sense. All the same, I've never seen it either.

Whilst I get that logic It sounds like a massive con and assumption to me... also every business vehicle i have encountered is driven harder than someone who owns the car !

My driving is 130 miles per day.. either way.. i will stick to the 10k Intervals