Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DAB aerial on 2016 model - Dash cam query

andyfr

I am thinking of getting a dash cam and I have heard that they can sometimes cause interference with DAB radios. There is a wire in the windscreen just to the right of the mirror and I wondered if that is the aerial. If it is then it's likely a cam would cause interference. Has anyone had problems with interference from a cam?

• 3 months later...

Have fitted front and rear dashcams, the front being fed by 12volts from the front dome light.  No interference to DAB or any emissions to my Ham radio transceiver either.

Regards,

Graham

Thanks! That's good to know.

My dash cam interfered with the gps on the built in satnav receiver when I had it in the centre of the screen behind the mirror.... put it down in the bottom left hand side and the problems went away! 

No rhyme nor reason but ......

I wonder if it's dependent on which camera it is. :unsure:

Dunno Andy, mine is a Nextbase one and caused havoc with the satnav... even after an upgrade of the software... when I got home after the update I moved the camera and the problems went away... coincidence perhaps, but no problems since....

19 hours ago, andyfr said:

I wonder if it's dependent on which camera it is. :unsure:

That is highly likely.  A well-designed model will screen unwanted emissions, but a cheapo chucked-together one......