Do Not Sell My Personal Information

hybrid warning light! Help

murphydog

I've got a 2013 Auris Touring Hybrid(127k),recently the hybrid system check light came on along with the engine warning light.I took the car to the local Toyota dealer and they told me I needed a new Hybrid Battery at almost £1500.I was not impressed so I did some research and stripped it down and measured all the 28 Battery cells,they all measured 7.8 volts near as,so the Battery seems ok. Then I put it all back together and put the ignition on a the fault had gone but it came back on about 10 hours later,so I disconnected the 12 volt battery and when I reconnected it the fault was gone again.But it came back on again later that day again disconnected 12 volt and it was fixed again.I have read about Toyota emergency response saying it could be triggering the Ground Fault Monitor.Has anybody got any experience with this fault?Any help would be appreciated.

Have you checked the condition of the Hybrid Battery cooling fan? at 127k i bet its completely clogged up reducing the airflow to the Battery causing the Battery to overheat and the warnings to come on. If it is clogged clean all the crud out order and fit G92DH-12010 from your dealer, this is a filter that fits over the air intake which prevents the crud getting into the cooling fan ( part not needed on cars built after May 2014 as they have a filter fitted already, however all cars with a filter fitted need them cleaning every 20k )

Thanks Lee,First Thing I did was clean Fan a bit a dust but nothing much,good idea about filter will get one.

Do you know what fault code is being set when the light comes on ?

Not yet,but I bought an OBDII Interface yesterday going to get it attached to the car a see what I find.Can you recommend any apps good for Toyota?

Fault code is P0A80 which is replace Hybrid Battery but having checked every cell in the Battery it seems fine.

P0A80 is set because the Hybrid Battery control is detecting a voltage difference of 0.3v or higher between the paired Battery cells. The diag process says to comare the voltages and if a variance of 0.3v or more is found on a cell pair replace the Battery if the variance is less than 0.3v on all 14 pairs replace the hybrid battery voltage sensor

So it could be the hybrid Battery voltage sensor?It's very strange it can go 2 or 3 days without the fault appearing then it appears, so i turn the fault off and sometimes it comes back on the same day or stays off for 2 or 3 more days.It does seem to come on more when the weather is hot.Like the HV Battery is not cooling down enough.

• 2 years later...

Har start problemer på min Toyota auris hybrid 2010. 

Jeg får '"check Hydro system" som feilmelding...

Alt annet virker. 

1 hour ago, Tore Arvid Hansen said:

Har start problemer på min Toyota auris hybrid 2010. 

Jeg får '"check Hydro system" som feilmelding...

Alt annet virker. 

Or " Have start issues on my 2010 Toyota auris hybrid.

I get 'check Hydro system' as error message ...

Everything else works."

Murphydog, try the Dr. Prius / Dr Hybrid app. It monitors the individual cells voltage and internal resistance all at once. This may show up something obvious.

Hi, you need to run diagnostic first to check where exactly is the problem, then you can share the trouble codes with us and someone may help. Two major problems can trigger that warning for hybrids system: Battery cooling or inverter converter cooling failure.