Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dashboard/instrument panel daytime Rav4 (2014)

Raven_

Hi all,

I have a Rav4 AWD build 2014. (Europe-Belgium)

I can't remember it or imaging it in my mind...

After a holiday of 4 weeks I take my car out the garage box for driving it to... and I got immediately the impression that my instrument panel looks very dark in the daytime light. Also after a few minutes driving or so the "TRAC OFF" warning light flashed up for a few seconds and because I was already stopped for a red light and I pushed the the button for that a few times and the warning stopped and it don't shows up anymore... Maybe I hit that button for it when i stepped in the car... I don't know but It was not flashing after starting the car up in the beginning...

But the question is more, why i have now a disturbing feeling about the dark instrument panel in daytime? Sometimes I have trouble to check the driving speed or other info from the instrument panel, the digital info works and look me now brighter than ever? 

Did I got always a dark instrument panel in daytime, do i missing something, a fuse a button? I only have a button for less or brighting the instrument panel at night and this works only when the tail lights are active.

Any help here for this mind gap? Thanks!

Kind Regards 

George

Your profile says Avensis but you are asking about a RAV - do you have both or does your proflle need changing? If it's an Avensis I can possibly help but not for a RAV.

Thx for the reply :)

Yes sorry, I need to change this... I did have 2 models of Avensis before my Rav4 and my son still have one Avensis.... that's maybe also a reason why I'm confused ;)

Moved to the Rav4 club.

• 4 months later...

I also have a Rav4 2014 and seem to have the same perception!!!!!! I was told by my dealer that the car was actually made in Japan.

During the day the main central display is dim and doesn't even show when the lights are on!! You can brighten the display, but only when the lights are on. My old 2009 Avensis Tourer had a bright day time display and  analogue dimming capability when the lights were on. Old technology perhaps, but much better in my opinion.

For the European market Rav4's are made in Japan - there is no European assembly plant assmbling Rav4's.

The majorityn of Toyota models enable you to adjust the instrument lighting only when the position lights are turned on, and this usually brightens or dims the instrument lighting for both daytime and nightime use.