Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen4 Little Niggles

thecaretaker

Firstly, I have a problem with the height adjustment on my drivers seat. When I adjust it, it isn't holding, the seat sinks back down to its lowest position. I know |I'm a big lad, but just wondered if anybody else has ever had this problem and... it there an easy fix? Is it just a tightening nut or something that MrT could fix?

The other concerns the dashboard finish. On the left (passenger) side, the dash sweeps round to the door and is a perfect fit (Pic 1). But on my drivers side, it sticks up at the front and isn't the same height as the door. I've tried to have a look, but there doesn't seem any play in it, it is though something underneath is pushing it up. Is this the same with all Gen4 Prius and am I getting too paranoid about it or do you think MrT could sort it out. Can any members (RHD) take a look at theirs for me? Car is 18 months old, would this come under warranty if it can be fixed? I thought I could live with it, but the more I look at it, the more it bugs me. Do I need to get a life?:biggrin:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

I wouldn't describe the first as being a niggle - if one adjusts the seat, one can reasonably expect the adjustment to hold at least for a while.

The second is something that once one has noticed it, one always will.

I'd approach a Toyota dealer re getting a fix done, especially for the first.

Thanks frosty, I will. Would this come under the 5 year warranty?

Would have thought so.

I'm a hefty 23 stone (146 kg in new money or 322 pounds if you're American!) and my adjuster has no trouble coping with me!  I was a stone heavier when I got it, too.

Thanks PeteB, I appreciate your honesty. I'm 19 stone and wondered if it might be my weight that broke it.

Re The dashboard finish

I too have a 2016 excel and mine is different again. The passenger side is not quite flush, the width of a 50p piece lower on the door side, the driver side is slightly worse being the width of two 50p pieces lower on the door side , Hope this helps.

Roger

Dash on mine is equal each side but not flush, very slightly raised, less than the thickness of a 50p.

Mine's more or less the same as thecaretaker's pics at the top of this thread.  Can't say I'm bothered though.  I hadn't noticed it before I saw this thread.

This thread hasn't even prompted me to look.....although I may well have done 20 years ago...even the white fittings on the wheels and gear lever have vanished into invisibility.

So in a few years you wont even notice, Paul

1 minute ago, barrycoll said:

This thread hasn't even prompted me to look.....although I may well have done 20 years ago...

Times (and priorities) have changed for me too.

To think that forty-something years ago, I would routinely take all the chrome bars out of my Riley Kestrel's radiator grille and polish them individually with chrome cleaner!  Then take the over-riders off and do them too, and lever off the chrome strips that ran the length of the car and polish them until they gleamed.

• Like 1

Back in the day I used to strip down the SU carb on my Austin Minivan every other Saturday morning (or so it seemed). Don't know what for mind, just because I could I suppose. Life (and cars) were so much simpler in those days. 

Now where did I put my violin.....

Mine is also the same as the photos. Never noticed before but it does not concern me.

My niggle is the drivers side wiper "chattering"  which the dealer states it would still the same if it was changed!!

51 minutes ago, Chris Dance said:

...My niggle is the drivers side wiper "chattering"...

Mine did that to start with, and for a while there was little rain.  Once it got used a fair bit it soon settled down and has been fine ever since.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links