Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo 2006 Clutch Adjustment Help

DanW81

Hi All, 

First time poster, Looks a great and friendly forum so happy to have joined. 

Have an issue with my 2006 Aygo, after a brief search seems there is a common issue with the clutch being high or slipping, I do believe I'm going to need a new clutch soon but my mechanic friend has advised me you can adjust the clutch cable and lower the biting point by twisting a nut within the engine, I have trawled the internet and these forums but am having no luck in locating this, any help? 

Many Thanks 

If the clutch is the original one, then best to just get it changed. Adjusting the linkage is unlikely to help, as the earlier clutches on Aygos are notorious for having problems. Later models changed to a beefier 190mm clutch pressure plate, whereas earlier cars had an inferior manufactured 180mm plate.

IIRC, the clutch change occured late 2008.

• Like 1

Hi here is maybe a short video on how to do it. Hope it helps out.

Hi All, 

Thanks everyone for the advise / help. I think clutch change is in order seems to be getting worse. 

Trip to the garage methinks. 

Thanks again 

I had this issue with mine, and the adjustment did little to help the slip. I ended up just getting the clutch replaced. Adjustment is handy to do IF you're stuck somewhere and need to get home, but it's only a very, very temporary solution to the problem.

1 hour ago, DanW81 said:

Hi All, 

Thanks everyone for the advise / help. I think clutch change is in order seems to be getting worse. 

Trip to the garage methinks. 

Thanks again 

When you do get it replaced, any chance of finding out if it's the original 180mm clutch, with any photos of damage to boot?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links