Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T25 1AD-FTV loss of power

jani_tool

Any help? When I start my car, and drive about 5 minutes, car goes some limp mode. After that it won't accelerate properly. Car won't give any DTC's. When I stop the car and shut it down, then restart, it will work fine again another 5 minutes.

• 2 months later...

New information to this issue. When I'm driving and pumping gas pedal continuously, problem doesn't occur. But when I stop pumping, problem comes back after 1 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you connected a reader that will capture the manufacturer specific codes rather than just generic ones? You may find that helps if not.

I had an avensis t3x and had similar problems ,Mine was a D4D and I cleaned the filter in theDiesel tank accessed under the back seat wax like gunk removed and problem gone.

On 17.10.2017 at 1:27 PM, Duggerz said:

Have you connected a reader that will capture the manufacturer specific codes rather than just generic ones? You may find that helps if not.

I've used Techstream to read codes. None occured.

1 hour ago, airt said:

I had an avensis t3x and had similar problems ,Mine was a D4D and I cleaned the filter in theDiesel tank accessed under the back seat wax like gunk removed and problem gone.

I have to try that solution, I get back after that.

31 minutes ago, jani_tool said:

I've used Techstream to read codes. None occured.

thankyou.must see what I can get.

• 2 weeks later...

I cleaned tank filter, no luck. Filter was very dirty anyway. I think that problem might be an alternator. I doubt that charging voltage is too high. If I start car with empty Battery, problem won't occur. Can anyone say how much charging voltage should be when engine is running?

I had a similar problem with my old focus. I had to turn car off, and then limp mode would stop. RAC guy said it was temperature sensor. I did fix it by squeezing the connector to the sensor.

On 3.11.2017 at 8:05 AM, m456an said:

I had a similar problem with my old focus. I had to turn car off, and then limp mode would stop. RAC guy said it was temperature sensor. I did fix it by squeezing the connector to the sensor.

Was that intake air temperature sensor?

5 hours ago, jani_tool said:

Was that intake air temperature sensor?l

No, the sensor was deep inside the engine, measured engine temperature. Always check sensor connections first. Though I could not see it I could feel it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links