Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

AE111 GT Air conditioning Controls Wiring Help

Ronaldo95163

Hey guys

Got me an AE110 Corolla which looks like this:

AE110-5301233-3.jpg

Recently did an interior conversion using the AE111 GT interior which looks like this

autowp.ru_toyota_corolla_1.6_gt_3.jpg

And I got the air conditioning controls from it as shown above.

Notice how it is full electric.

Mine however is not. It came with controls that look like this 

11.jpg

And it isnt really matching the dashboard so i'd like to use the controls from the GT.

Bare in mind my controls were manual. I am willing to sacrifice the vent direction as well as the recirculating knobs as I never use them. I always keep the vents on the face setting and the AC on recirculating.

So it's just a matter of me changing the face from the AE111GT and the piece behind it which houses the cable mechanism for the Temp control and the connector for the fan speed switch (which I already have from the GT to be installed) Note the GT also uses the exact same cable mechanism for the temperature control and the same connector for fan speed.

The problem is wiring it. All I need out of the GT face plate working is the clock, AC ON/OFF switch, Economy Mode On/OFF switch and the rear defogger...all of which my car already has in its old face piece harness.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the GT controls or know which wires correspond to the functions I need?

I'm searching around for the connector from the GT so I could atleast have the wire colour codes to match it on to my old harness but it's proving difficult to find 😞

Thanks in advance guys.

• 2 years later...

what are the wire colours of your standard ac control panel?

you need to test for the +12 continuous supply .not the colours

+12v illumination and +12v ignition on , also you need to check the colours of the ground and the defog and the ac out and econ out, count the number of wires and the colours, i  will send decode it to match the gt.  regards

17 minutes ago, avin said:

what are the wire colours of your standard ac control panel?

you need to test for the +12 continuous supply .not the colours

+12v illumination and +12v ignition on , also you need to check the colours of the ground and the defog and the ac out and econ out, count the number of wires and the colours, i  will send decode it to match the gt.  regards

The topic is over three years old, so would imagine the OP has found a solution in that time.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links