Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla t sport eml on when hitting lift rpm

Wayne80

I have a 2003 corolla t sport and had some issues have sorted most but still have no lift eml comes on now the car has had new exhaust system new lambdas all coils and plugs new air mass new air filter new rocker gasket and lift bolts new sump and oil flush and change both ocv valves cleaned out but still no lift just eml comes on..please ANY IDEAS IM LOST ..........

Did you mange to get the codes read? It sounds like you have an issue with the OCV for the lift. Could be a solenoid issue or the pressure sensor also located on the OCV housing, single wire plug.

Hi ive had the ocv off and it dosent have a filter its missing . Only code ive had recently was p7014 i believe thats something ti do with lean on bank 1 but nothing else it expect thw ocv or presure sensor to come up as fault code maybe ? 

That's not good. A lean code is usually P0171 or something around that. The filter not being there isn't good as someone has messed with it in the past and it stops the crud from clogging the OCV and rocker shafts etc. A common reason why some removed the filter is because they would keep clogging up due to poor maintenance in the past. What was the service history like? What was the condition like under the valve cover when you removed it? You could try testing the OCV solenoid by carefully applying 12 volts to the 2 terminals which should energise it.

Hi no service history got it cheap and it was def to good to be true people who owned before did not look after it so i have done alot to it and now can drive it but still dosent feel all the power and lift kicks the eml light on . I was thinking next to try the ocv valves see if thats not working . Would u know does that have any effect on mis fire also ?? I have replaced every thing poss that normal has an issue . Exhaust system both lamds all coils and plugs air mass new sump full flush and change oil new gear oil new pcv valve coolant flush and fill . Thats got it running better and oh the drive shaft which had been destoryed all bearings inside inner joint. 

Hi intake manifold gasket does that have effect on the lift or misfire would you know thanks 

Will cause that code you mentioned before in your other thread making your engine run lean due to too much un metered air entering the engine. From a little research it seems it was a common issue with t sports.

I think it can be tested when the engine is cold by spraying carb cleaner around the intake manifold and gasket, looking for air bubbles and engine hesitation.

DO NOT DO THIS WHEN ENGINE IS HOT  AS IT CAN CAUSE A FIRE!!!!

There are lots of parameters that determine whether lift engages.....oil pressure, oil temp, lift bolts condition, water temp, o2 sensors etc

Suggest you get codes read and contact Sam Nadeem of SJ Autosport and see what he can suggest.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links