Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

D-4D head gasket, years affected??

AvensisWales

Hi,

I've seen loads of posts about the 2.2 D-4D head gaskets going, and some say the 2L has the same problem, but less so.

I've just bought (last week) a 2012 2L D-4D Avensis, paid £8k for it at 61,000. On the way home the turbo packed up!  Long story short, I had to buy a new turbo from Mr T at £1265! I'm about to start legal action on the garage who sold me the car as they failed to fix the problem after two chances. I also spent £1k on tyres, brakes, service parts, tow bar etc.

So I'm in the hole for £10k on my car and I'd like to think I have a nice one now that will give me many years of good service !

Am I deluded, am I looking down the barrel of a £6-7k head gasket bill soon or does this only affect older cars before mine?

Thanks,

Rob

The following guide provides the build dates for each model affected. Note that the build date is different to date of first registration.

• Like 1

Many thanks for the reply.

so it would seem my 2012 model is very much 'in the clear', as the problem only seems to go as far as 2009 ?

Hi Robert.

The head gasket problems were a bad batch of diesel only engines from 2006 to playing safe 2009, before and after these years are ok.

Mike.

Hi,

Thank goodness for that :-) 

I can relax and now :-)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links