Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dpf

Finbar auris sr180

I want to remove my dpf so i can cut it open and remove dpf before i get it mapped, what the best way????

In the UK and since February 2014, removing the dpf would result in an MOT failure (annual test of road worthiness). Replies may be limited.

• Like 1

I believe (although I may be wrong) that the MOT testers can only do a visual inspection, so as long as it appears the DPF is there then it should pass as long as the emissions are correct.

A quick search of google for DPF removal Sheffield brought me up a number of responses so I would start with a search in your area but would also want to know they were competent so check reviews etc.

1 hour ago, Steve Whits said:

I believe (although I may be wrong) that the MOT testers can only do a visual inspection, so as long as it appears the DPF is there then it should pass as long as the emissions are correct.

A quick search of google for DPF removal Sheffield brought me up a number of responses so I would start with a search in your area but would also want to know they were competent so check reviews etc.

The OP is in Cork, Ireland so the MOT won't apply.

What i mean is how much work is involved in removing the dpf and is it worthwhile power wise and mpg???

51 minutes ago, Finbar auris sr180 said:

What i mean is how much work is involved in removing the dpf and is it worthwhile power wise and mpg???

My original comment was to inform that the instances of removing the dpf in the UK have probably reduced significantly due to the revised MOT requirements. In which case responses may be limited.

2 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The OP is in Cork, Ireland so the MOT won't apply.

Missed that :)

A general consensus is that by removing or gutting out a DPF,  exhaust back pressure will decrease which a decent ECU remap would need to sort out otherwise you may run into trouble with the turbo and all sorts of other stuff.

A few years ago, very few tuners were able/willing to remap the Denso ECU in the Auris however this may have since changed. 

If you are going down this route - I'd definitely go somewhere who has worked on this setup before and can prove it has successfully worked. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links