Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is there any way to install free the maps and the navigation system in my yaris?

xarma

Hi guys,

I wanted to ask if there is a way to intall the sat nav without paying so much money. I have a 2014 model yaris and I try to find out how to get even free the maps and the navigation system. Do you know if I can find any file to intall through the CD or something? Also does it really hasn't a USB entrance?

if it has the Touch 2 system without Go (nav) then you can't as it's a modular system with the nav being another hardware box+ GPS antenna that plugs into the head unit.

You can buy a Garmin/Tomtom or use Google Maps/Waze etc. on a smartphone or tablet with appropriate mount.

• 2 weeks later...

Moved to the Yaris club.

I've got the navigation system on my 2014Yaris. I contacted my Toyota dealer to enquire about getting the maps updated and was quoted £230. That's just silly. I can manage without that thanks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greenglen said:

I've got the navigation system on my 2014Yaris. I contacted my Toyota dealer to enquire about getting the maps updated and was quoted £230. That's just silly. I can manage without that thanks.

Updates for manufacturer systems are usually expensive compared to updates for stand alone units from the likes of Garmin, TomTom, etc

4 hours ago, Greenglen said:

Should be £109 for 3 years of updates afaik.

12 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

The map update file is available via the My Toyota portal. It costs £109 - no mention of free updates for future years.

The higher costs will be for your garage to do the work - £109 is for DIY installs. Here are the pre-reqs. for DIY:

Installation:

• Windows PC (to download the map)
  • Toyota Touch & Go Toolbox (refer to popup for download link)
  • An Internet connection
  • A USB storage device with more than 4.7GB of space
  • Software version 1.7.2 or higher installed on your Toyota Touch & Go

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mike J. said:

The map update file is available via the My Toyota portal. It costs £109 - no mention of free updates for future years.

As of some point in 2016 all new cars with Touch 2 with Go got 3 year Map Care. Fairly certain that those without get 3 year Map Care when they update but it is possible that it may only apply to cars registered within a certain time frame..

31 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

As of some point in 2016 all new cars with Touch 2 with Go got 3 year Map Care. Fairly certain that those without get 3 year Map Care when they update but it is possible that it may only apply to cars registered within a certain time frame..

I got mine updated via the dealer last year and this year the portal says '£109 please'.

Yes, it will say £109 but my understanding is that once you pay it you will get 3 years Map Care (again, it is possible that this only extends to systems first registered within a prticular time frame) - Devon Aygo will know & could possibly clarify.

I'll try my best:

Touch launched in 2012 and could be upgraded with the "Go" navigation module this launched with software version 1.6.1 and the latest version is 2.15.5.  There where 2 version/levels:

Go this version never benefited from free updates you can only purchase a one off update which does not get the map care offer.

Go Plus this initially benefited from 3 years map care giving free updates for this period, after the 3 years has passed you can only purchase a one off update which does not get the map care offer.

Touch 2 launched in 2014 and could be upgraded with the "Go" navigation module this launched with a software version of 3.3.0 the latest version of this earlier software ended with 4.5.0. As above there where 2 version/levels:

Go this version never benefited from free updates you can purchase a one off update which does not get the map care offer or you can purchase an update including 3 years map care.

Go Plus this initially benefited from 3 years map care giving free updates for this period, after the 3 years has passed you can purchase a one off update which does not get the map care offer or you can purchase an update including 3 years map care.

From late 2016 Toyota introduced a software update version 6.6.0 (now up to version 6.9.0) and cars that shipped with this software both Go & Go plus version ( called low and high by Toyota ) benefited with 3 years map care once this is over owners can purchase a one off update which does not get the map care offer or you can purchase an update including 3 years map care.

*Note all the software versions mentioned above assume your car has Go navigation if you do not then none of this applies

• 1 year later...

Last week updated my Touch & GO 1 by this guy, quite fast all done, in 5 minutes got map download link + activation code,

https://gpsunderground.com/forum/forum/car-navi-system/car-gps-systems/toyota-lexus/36576-toyota-lexus-map-update-by-code-and-usb-gen7-gen8-touch-go-touch-2-plus-fimware

can say warm recommendations for this guy, quite cheaper than visiting dealer.

39 minutes ago, toyotinjo20 said:

can say warm recommendations for this guy, quite cheaper than visiting dealer.

that will be because the activation code has been cracked rather than genuine Toyota-supplied ...

But you don't need to visit/buy from dealer as you can do it yourself online.

• 3 months later...
On 9/3/2017 at 9:03 PM, Mike J. said:

I got mine updated via the dealer last year and this year the portal says '£109 please'.

I have just bought a September 2016 Toyota with Touch 2 Go, the portal initially said £109 but when I added the map to my shopping basket the price changed to £0, so the 3 year free benefit held good.

Thanks for the tips, upgrading the maps from factory version is far from simple.

Regards,

John

• 1 year later...

Why would you want to buy a truck sat nav when you have a motorcycle.???

• 1 month later...
On 9/2/2017 at 9:05 PM, Heidfirst said:

Correct. I've just done mine. The bigger bill is just if you get the dealer to do it, but it's easy to do yourself

• 7 months later...

Hello, I am a new Yaris Hybrid owner. I've just installed a satnav module to the Touch 2 head unit - all working. The map version says 2015 v2; will I be able to get the free map update that some people have mentioned? TIA.

Think the answer is no.

Have a look at Devon Aygo's post of 4th September 2017 earlier in this topic.

• 1 month later...

Hi all. Newbie so be kind! We have a 2012 Yaris Hybrid. Our first Toyota so we know little of them so far. I “think” from reading this and the Toyota site we have the early version of Touch with Go. Software version is 1.7.5L. Putting this is the Toyota site simple gets not valid. I’ve registered the serial number ok. Any ideas how to find the right maps update? At a loss. Cheers. Tony

82A46A82-0E6B-46F6-8826-F3520A92C161.jpeg

If you have registered the multimedia

On toyotas website click my toyota (top  right) then estore, you should see 3 year mapcare or click on the maps tab and see if there is a free one

edit if you are clicking on the "Free" 2020 update it is only for cars under 3 years old

Thanks for that flash22 but I keep coming back to the need to input version I have. It does not recognise my version as per pic I uploaded. No link to download files as a result. Seems weird that it’s not possible.. 

You will have to contact your dealer or look on toyota-tech.eu (requires a free account)

Dealer it is. That site takes me back round in a big loop back to my Toyota. Thanks for the help though. 

• 1 month later...

Just cannot understand Toyota. Just checked on an update for my 2013 Avensis touch & go sat nav system been quoted over £250!!!

You can by a top of the range satnav with updates for way less?? 

Yeah, that's partly why I didn't care that the Mk4 Yaris didn't come with satnav despite a lot of reviewers making a big deal out of it. Better off using your phone via android auto or Apple carplay!

Manufacturer satnav map updates have always been a ridiculous ripoff - inexcusable when there are things like OpenStreetMap that have free mapping data available to all!