xarma

Is there any way to install free the maps and the navigation system in my yaris?

Hi guys,

I wanted to ask if there is a way to intall the sat nav without paying so much money. I have a 2014 model yaris and I try to find out how to get even free the maps and the navigation system. Do you know if I can find any file to intall through the CD or something? Also does it really hasn't a USB entrance?

if it has the Touch 2 system without Go (nav) then you can't as it's a modular system with the nav being another hardware box+ GPS antenna that plugs into the head unit.

You can buy a Garmin/Tomtom or use Google Maps/Waze etc. on a smartphone or tablet with appropriate mount.

Moved to the Yaris club.

I've got the navigation system on my 2014Yaris. I contacted my Toyota dealer to enquire about getting the maps updated and was quoted £230. That's just silly. I can manage without that thanks.

1 minute ago, Greenglen said:

I've got the navigation system on my 2014Yaris. I contacted my Toyota dealer to enquire about getting the maps updated and was quoted £230. That's just silly. I can manage without that thanks.

Updates for manufacturer systems are usually expensive compared to updates for stand alone units from the likes of Garmin, TomTom, etc

4 hours ago, Greenglen said:

Should be £109 for 3 years of updates afaik.

12 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

Should be £109 for 3 years of updates afaik.

The map update file is available via the My Toyota portal. It costs £109 - no mention of free updates for future years.

The higher costs will be for your garage to do the work - £109 is for DIY installs. Here are the pre-reqs. for DIY:

Installation:

• Windows PC (to download the map)
  • Toyota Touch & Go Toolbox (refer to popup for download link)
  • An Internet connection
  • A USB storage device with more than 4.7GB of space
  • Software version 1.7.2 or higher installed on your Toyota Touch & Go

10 hours ago, Mike J. said:

The map update file is available via the My Toyota portal. It costs £109 - no mention of free updates for future years.

As of some point in 2016 all new cars with Touch 2 with Go got 3 year Map Care. Fairly certain that those without get 3 year Map Care when they update but it is possible that it may only apply to cars registered within a certain time frame..

31 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

As of some point in 2016 all new cars with Touch 2 with Go got 3 year Map Care. Fairly certain that those without get 3 year Map Care when they update but it is possible that it may only apply to cars registered within a certain time frame..

I got mine updated via the dealer last year and this year the portal says '£109 please'.

Yes, it will say £109 but my understanding is that once you pay it you will get 3 years Map Care (again, it is possible that this only extends to systems first registered within a prticular time frame) - Devon Aygo will know & could possibly clarify.

I'll try my best:

Touch launched in 2012 and could be upgraded with the "Go" navigation module this launched with software version 1.6.1 and the latest version is 2.15.5.  There where 2 version/levels:

Go this version never benefited from free updates you can only purchase a one off update which does not get the map care offer.

Go Plus this initially benefited from 3 years map care giving free updates for this period, after the 3 years has passed you can only purchase a one off update which does not get the map care offer.

Touch 2 launched in 2014 and could be upgraded with the "Go" navigation module this launched with a software version of 3.3.0 the latest version of this earlier software ended with 4.5.0. As above there where 2 version/levels:

Go this version never benefited from free updates you can purchase a one off update which does not get the map care offer or you can purchase an update including 3 years map care.

Go Plus this initially benefited from 3 years map care giving free updates for this period, after the 3 years has passed you can purchase a one off update which does not get the map care offer or you can purchase an update including 3 years map care.

From late 2016 Toyota introduced a software update version 6.6.0 (now up to version 6.9.0) and cars that shipped with this software both Go & Go plus version ( called low and high by Toyota ) benefited with 3 years map care once this is over owners can purchase a one off update which does not get the map care offer or you can purchase an update including 3 years map care.

*Note all the software versions mentioned above assume your car has Go navigation if you do not then none of this applies

Last week updated my Touch & GO 1 by this guy, quite fast all done, in 5 minutes got map download link + activation code,

https://gpsunderground.com/forum/forum/car-navi-system/car-gps-systems/toyota-lexus/36576-toyota-lexus-map-update-by-code-and-usb-gen7-gen8-touch-go-touch-2-plus-fimware

can say warm recommendations for this guy, quite cheaper than visiting dealer.

39 minutes ago, toyotinjo20 said:

can say warm recommendations for this guy, quite cheaper than visiting dealer.

that will be because the activation code has been cracked rather than genuine Toyota-supplied ...

But you don't need to visit/buy from dealer as you can do it yourself online.