Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo space saver spare wheel kit

Annekas1991

I have been looking at getting a space saver spare wheel kit for my 2017 aygo and from my local Toyota dealer it will cost £145, does anyone know if I can get the kit cheaper elsewhere or if that is a good price?

Think about average. May be able to get it a bit cheaper from a Toyota dealer's eBay shop.

• Like 1

That is not too expensive, I paid mine twice as much from my Toyota dealership.

I guess you can order directly a space-saving rim and a narrow tire on any tire website?

• Like 1

I think I will have go for that then. I have got a wheel rim already for full size tyre but Toyota told me a full size wheel won't fit in the well of the boot as I was going to make my own kit up. 

Be aware that the spacesaver spare wheel kit isn't just the spacesaver - see the following Toyota dealer's eBay page:  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Toyota-Aygo-2014-Onwards-15-Steel-Space-Saver-Spare-Wheel-Kit-/281440695302

Yes from my local dealer it includes space saver spare wheel, jack box, wheel brace, jack assembly and carrier. I think I will go for that. Less hassle than finding all individual bits. Thanks for the advise

On 15/08/2017 at 6:26 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Be aware that the spacesaver spare wheel kit isn't just the spacesaver - see the following Toyota dealer's eBay page:  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Toyota-Aygo-2014-Onwards-15-Steel-Space-Saver-Spare-Wheel-Kit-/281440695302

You are right but a jack like the one bundled in the kit is extremely simple and cheap :tongue:

The price of the kit is not justified. I regret not buying all items separately, all the more that it is something that should be used rarely or never.

During the first miles in my Aygo 2, I felt something shaking quite loudly in the back. I had to add pieces of foam to block the spare wheel kit and prevent vibrations. To me, this option is not worth its price.

Hi, I am gob-smacked at the price of the space saver, I bought a full sized wheel and original tyre from a Toyota dealer for about £350, for my Rav pro rata I think my full sized spare wheel was cheap compared to a space saver. Mike.

The OP, if they go for the spare wheel kit, will be paying around 22% less than the eBay example I posted. I paid a similar price to the OP. A full size spare probably won't fit in the current Aygo. 

Yes one may be able to save some money by buying the items separately and by going outside of the dealer network - if one has the inclination or the time.

Prices for tyres of this size from tyre retailers vary between £50 and £70. 

won't be much help for a blow out but if you notice a slow leak beforehand, I just put some air in the tyre and drive down to kwik fit. If they have no tyres available then they'll put a spare on free with just using their own jack.

• Like 1

Not entirely sure I'd trust Kwik Fit to tighten a number plate bolt!

Don't forget Gumtree, I was lucky enough to get a genuine Toyota new unused 15 inch space saver and jack set for my 14 plate x-clusiv, all with the parts stickers still in place for the handsome price of £65. I was probably looking just at the right time but it goes to show that you can find a bargain out there. 

• Like 1