Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris gearbox oil change

Perfection

I had the car booked in for service and hoping to get the gearbox oil changed. I am really frustrated the fact that they don't have the oil in stock for the gearbox and why they didn't tell me so I could schedule the service on another date. They don't seem to check the work sheet in advance and ensuring the parts are in stock. Seems unprofessional service and I don't expect this from a dealer. 

Oh well it's a lessons learnt that if anyone what's to replace the gear box oil check if they have that in stock before dropping the car off for the service.

... and this was a Toyota dealer right? 

Yes it was a Toyota dealer. They said they never had replaced oil gearbox on Yaris so don't stock those as standard. The service sheet is there for a reason. That was booked in 2 weeks ago giving them plenty of time. Well it will be done by another garage when next service due. Will replace the clutch, alternator belt, major service and the gearbox oil change.

• Like 1

Well, if that were me, my next port of call would be a phone call to Toyota GB complaining rather loudly about their behaviour! Absolutely unforgivable for a Toyota Main Dealer!!

It would seem that I've been rather spoiled with the Toyota Dealers that I have had to deal with in the past and now as I've never had a bad one yet... (thinks: perhaps the fact that I have always purchased new cars from them may have something to do with it...)

• Like 1

I've heard a similar story from a danish dealer. The gearbox had some kind of repair, and the oil was drained. After the work was complete, the old oil was put back in... I thought it was a lie, but after reading this, it all makes sense. 

CPN: 

I don't normally moan and make a fuss as they probably will put damage to the car. I will just walk away and use some other garages.

I once complaint to a dealer and then they didn't even put the engine cover back on. Written  to the office and no reply despite recorded delivery of the complaint letter. Don't deal with these dealer anymore.

Probably Vantage, pretty useless from experience. Only the parts department is class act.

TAuris:

How did you managed to guess that.! 

To be honest I had even more worst experience than parts not being available from these clowns. They managed to damaged the DPF when they performed the DPF regeneration. I had to use another garage to put it right and make a claim for their non competent workmanship via Toyota UK.

I worked at a dealer on the service desk a few years ago and I had not been in trade before but a lot of mates had and where at the time and I was shocked at how these dealers go on and what really happens behind the scenes. I did 2 years and got out as it was that bad. (It was not a Toyota dealer but it's the same everywhere by the sounds of it).

If it's not warranty work then I wouldn't bother using a dealer. I have my own mechanic and used him since I was 17 and I'm now 38 and I just tell him what I need and if it's anything special I order it and leave it on the seat for him. It all gets done and dusted in a day and at half the price.

• Like 2

• 5 years later...

Please can anybody tell me where I can find the gearbox refill plug on my 2012 toyota yaris thanks