Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota's recommended oil & specification

andyw114

Hi

What is Toyota's recommended oil rating and specification for T-Sport engine oil. I do not have access to a hand book to see there recommendation.

I currently use 5w30 full synthetic oil. There are many different specifications to this this grade (B3,B5,C1,C5, Low Saps,Mid Saps etc). Any one have a handbook/service manual that can help me with the correct specification?

Thanks

Andy.

5W-30 oil to either API SL, SM, or SN spec - no requirement specified as regards semi or fully synthetic oil.

Low SAPS or Mid SAPS oils are for diesel engines so are not applicable for your car.

Many thanks for the information. It looks like i will carry on as before then.

Andy.

31 minutes ago, andyw114 said:

Many thanks for the information. It looks like i will carry on as before then.

Andy.

Out of interest which brand have you been using? Myself I use Mobil 3000x1 5w30 and have done 16,000 miles (3 oil changes in that time) and engine has not missed a beat.

11 hours ago, SanaYusuf said:

Out of interest which brand have you been using? Myself I use Mobil 3000x1 5w30 and have done 16,000 miles (3 oil changes in that time) and engine has not missed a beat.

I am only on my second oil change. I change at 5K, with genuine filter. 5K is a over kill really, as i think the recommended change is every 10k. I use what ever fully synthetic is on sale at the time. Shell Helix Ultra Professional 5w30 last time and i think it will be the same this time. The car as just hit 65K.

If you rag the nuts out of it regularly, then 5W-40 is also recommended. That's what I use on my Compressor, only reason is because the supercharger makes the engine run seriously hot.

I very rarely drive the car, as i use motorcycles on a daily basis. The lift is addictive but i don't constantly rag the car. Its never got hotter than normal.

The compressor model is a great vehicle and sadly out of my price bracket. :-(