Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Liteace coolant fluid leak

liteaceguy

Hi guys,

I recently got a 1993 Liteace but I don't know almost anything about cars. 

It was running fine until the coolant liquid started to leak. My guess is that it's coming from one of the cables in the closeup image. I don't have the engine repair manual and I don't know what these cables are. Is it ok to disconnect the tubes by pulling them out, put some kind of product in the connector and / or replace the metal clips fastening the tubes? Or is the liquid potentially leaking from somewhere else? I don't want to pull them out before knowing whats inside them..

Hope you can help me. Thank you. 

File_000.jpg

File_001.jpg

Hi...given your own appraisal of your knowledge, would it not be wiser to take it to your local "friendly" garage and have them look at it.?

My knowledge on cars is indeed pretty limited, but I'd rate my general technical knowledge good. 

So if this is just a question to pull out few cables, apply sealant and replace the metal clips I'd rather do it myself instead of paying who knows how much for the garage. 

The problem is that I cannot identify the cables without repair manual (which I don't have) and I don't want to disconnect them without knowing if they are full of liquid...so is there anyone who could help me by telling what these tubes are for?

Thanks. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links