Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T25 Mods

margoram77

New to the forum, have done some searches but can't find much on T25 modding tuning. Have a 1.8 liftback & just bought a 2.0 sedan. 2.0 all I want is better road handling atm thinking coilovers https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap/1202593/toyota/bc-racing-v1-series-coilovers/c-82-v1-vm.html# & some decent rubber Toyo t1rs. Like the lines of the car & all about the sleeper look. Would go power if its worth it but had a driveshaft snap on the 1.8 so dubious about how they'll handle power. Weight reduction maybe better way to go. Love to hear & see whats been done/planned for ideas & link ups for parts. Not really interested in negative people dead against modding/tuning ur wasting ur time. Wannasee what can be done.

There was a 2.4 VVt-i version (auto only possily) of the Avensis T25 but I don't know if the driveshafts etc. would be interchangeable.

Don't forget to improve the brakes & lights (both areas that I found not confidence-inspiring on my T25).

Yeah lights didn't seem great the other night while driving. I think the 2.4 was offered as awd? Not found one of those anywhere but will continue digging 😉

How about the 2.2 diesel? If they're a straight swap surely would be stronger to deal with the low torque of diesel

If street legal and money isn't something you worry about, you could switch out the 1AZ with a 2AZ (2.4 mentioned earlier) and mount the TRD supercharger made for this engine. Should give you about 200 horses to play with. But then again, you could always sell one of the cars and buy a Celica GT4 with 250 horses and 4WD for the same money :tongue:

Its a great idea but unfortunately money is an issue or i'd be building something like the Hoonicorn with an avensis Shell over it. So I have a 2.0 avensis that I want to mod a little coilover choices, setups please. Tyre choices, aceivable horse power, driveshaft issues, replacements, EGR deletes, mapping, clutch choices, weight saving examples. Etc...

Surely somebody has done something.

I'm talking hundreds of pounds not thousands. There are 2 celica Gt4's on Autotrader 1 being 9k the other 12k. I have an avensis because they are cheap & reliable. I bought the 2.0 as it has a bit more power & if I can do a few cheap mods it will be a realyl fun everyday drive

The 2.0 vvti or the 2.0 d4d have you got?

3 hours ago, margoram77 said:

Surely somebody has done something.

Not so much in the UK where the Avensis didn't have the right image for/ never caught on with the predominantly Ford/Vaux/VW modding community - check Polish, Russian & Japanese sites.

• Like 2

As heidfirst says check the other sites.some real nice modded T25's from there.that is a guy from south of Ireland probably 1 of the best looking cars I've seen this side of the pond.

1485278801976.jpg

• Like 1

That is mint. What sites are these please? Would be cool if we could get some of that going on here! So bascally I'm a pioneer. Ha

Someone can point you in his direction.offer the right money he could sell you it and save you doing all that work lol

Not about that. The fun in modding is about the journey!

Could be wild expensive and hard to get the parts to do it..best bet for engine would be diesel route to easily up the power..but I guess you have the petrol version that would need to probably need the cams done ;ported and polished full flow exhaust the works.though you could just do the body kit to make it look better.

• Like 1

Springs n tyres for now. Anyone u know who has hot cam?

1 hour ago, stubb said:

best we have here is the T180 but reading head gasket issues im concerned now,, shame we didnt get the 2.2 and 2.4 petrol engines

we got the 2.4 for a while, don't think that there was a 2.2 petrol Avensis?

im pretty gutted about the T180 issues i prefer the look of the 03 to 08 avensis and its the best engine available .. and finding something in petrol at 2.0 is almost impossible,.id snap up a 2.4 right now, 

probably gonna push a few more miles out of my 03 1.8 and have to decide on risk a T180 ..risk an A4 audi or hold out for a 325i bmw E91

3 hours ago, stubb said:

im pretty gutted about the T180 issues i prefer the look of the 03 to 08 avensis and its the best engine available .. and finding something in petrol at 2.0 is almost impossible,.id snap up a 2.4 right now, 

probably gonna push a few more miles out of my 03 1.8 and have to decide on risk a T180 ..risk an A4 audi or hold out for a 325i bmw E91

The 2.4 dosn't provide that much more performance over the 2.0, I think the only reason for going with the 2.4 is if you mostly do high speed driving and hate diesel. If I remember correctly, it has a 5 speed automatic gearbox, compared to the 4 speed on the 2.0. I have the 2.0 and I'm getting 20-25 mpg on mixed driving. The 2.4 chugs a lot more petrol. I think it was only offered on the pre facelift.

I was looking for a 1.8 but grabbed the 2.0 since I found one with top specs and low mileage. I kinda regret it now because of the low mpg.

The Audi and the BMW are nice cars but keep in mind the parts are expensive. For the price of a decent Audi or a BMW you could get an Avensis in much better condition. In the end, it's all comes down to how much you wanna spend on the purchase and maintenance vs how much performance and comfort you want in a car.

On 24/08/2017 at 11:08 PM, frankie406 said:

The 2.0 vvti or the 2.0 d4d have you got?

Petrol. I found out last night the corolla 1.8 vvti sport is a turbo & makes 190 hp

20 hours ago, xzirri said:

The 2.4 dosn't provide that much more performance over the 2.0, I think the only reason for going with the 2.4 is if you mostly do high speed driving and hate diesel. If I remember correctly, it has a 5 speed automatic gearbox, compared to the 4 speed on the 2.0. I have the 2.0 and I'm getting 20-25 mpg on mixed driving. The 2.4 chugs a lot more petrol. I think it was only offered on the pre facelift.

I was looking for a 1.8 but grabbed the 2.0 since I found one with top specs and low mileage. I kinda regret it now because of the low mpg.

The Audi and the BMW are nice cars but keep in mind the parts are expensive. For the price of a decent Audi or a BMW you could get an Avensis in much better condition. In the end, it's all comes down to how much you wanna spend on the purchase and maintenance vs how much performance and comfort you want in a car.

Yeah I can only find auto's in 2.4. I found a supercharger for 1az fse but its about 3 grand makes it 200hp. It does not recommend it without a lot of other work & seeing as my 1.8 snapped a driveshaft when I dropped the clutch I doubt it could handle the power. I think the weight is the biggest let down but I really like the T25 lines

12 hours ago, margoram77 said:

Yeah I can only find auto's in 2.4. I found a supercharger for 1az fse but its about 3 grand makes it 200hp. It does not recommend it without a lot of other work & seeing as my 1.8 snapped a driveshaft when I dropped the clutch I doubt it could handle the power. I think the weight is the biggest let down but I really like the T25 lines

I thought that supercharger was for the 2AZ? I know that TRD made one for the Scion tC overseas, not sure if it's P&P for the Avensis. tC has the 2AZ-FE variant, Avensis has the 2AZ-FSE with D4. Could you provide a link for that 1AZ supercharger? Would be interesting to see.

Also, I'm not sure whether the 1.8 uses the same driveshaft as the 2.0 and the 2.4 or not. Either way, for performance, I'd go for 2.0 manual transmission (since the 2.4 only has auto). That is, of course, unless you want to do a tranny swap and couple the 2.4 with a manual tranny from one of the other 2AZ cars from around the world.

Remember that you can't increase the number of horses past a certain point without upgrading other parts as well. The engine may be built to handle 200hp++ but that doesn't mean the rest of the system is.

Xzirri

http://mywikimotors.com/toyota-1az/ this what I found, supercharger bit is at the bottom, then looked on HKS/Blitz website I think. They said the engine code but for a wish or voxy assume they're none eu applications of the engine.

I've still got a 1.8 manual, but upgraded to a 2.0 manual recently both petrol. I can't justify 3k for a supercharger but it would be cool. From what I can remember the fuel pump, incector, etc kit was about 1 or 2k as well.

Maybe they do 1 for the 1.8 engine then I could get the 190hp corolla engine & slap a blower on it haha!

I'm gonna stick a set of coilovers & a nice set of toyo t1r's on. Wondering if anyone knows of any cheaper than these https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap/1202593/toyota/bc-racing-v1-series-coilovers/c-82-v1-vm.html#

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links