Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 back door

Paulr117

Hi. I'm new to this site as just bought my first Rav4. I've noticed that the back door doesn't open to 90 degrees (it's a 54 reg)  and want to modify it. I've seen a few comments on here but they're not recent so wondered if there's any new useful tips. There's also a useful page I've found of how to fit the modification check strap. However, where do I get the long check strap mod kit from? 
Thanks.

I changed mine and was straight forward 15 min job. I bought a longer strap , geniune Toyota part from japarts , think it was around £59 if I remember . All you need to do was remove the rear door cover below rear window , just pops off and you then can just unbolt it and fit new one. Will have a look to see if still available . Mine was a 2004 Rav, deffo worth doing .

just looked on their site but not listed, I would give them a call as they don't list everything and did do them . www.japarts.co.uk  

its a genuine toyota part so if they don't stock it you could always phone your local Toyota dealer or send Kingo a message on here as he works for Toyota and very helpful.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice. I'll give japarts a ring and also check with Kingo. I assume it's well worth doing as the door just doesn't open wide enough.

The reason behind the rear door not opening as wide as 90 degrees, is that UK legislation dictates that both rear lights should not be obscured from the rear (for example obscured by the open rear door).

Deffo worth doing makes a lot of difference.

Thanks for your advice re the rear door. I'll certainly get this sorted out asap. 

Hi from Paul ... I'm in the same situation..but struggling to find a strap for 2006 xt5. 

Can anyone help find any of these.........Cheers

Hi Paul.

Get in touch with this man, I am sure he will be able to help you out.

Kingo, real name John, Toyota main parts dealer, 01244 821031.

I believe he will post the small item you need to you.

Mike.

Currently some on eBay from japarts for £59.99 item number 310653738558