Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dangerous Aygo Windows pt2

rgvsean

At last something might be done just checked on the checker and my car is on recall if this had not unfortunately happened to Chloe I would not have none about recall and would have carried on glueing lol 

7 minutes ago, Linda Goldsmith said:

At last something might be done just checked on the checker and my car is on recall if this had not unfortunately happened to Chloe I would not have none about recall and would have carried on glueing lol 

Hopefully we will get them fixed with no problem! 

I have also checked the gov.uk site which is also showing as “outstanding recall found” 

From what I can see this is a very new recall only occurring in the last week or so. Although an inconvenience that the window has already fallen out I’m glad that there is a recall so that something can be done about it

Hope you get sorted 

• Like 1

Thanks Chloe will be contacting my dealer first thing will let you know the outcome fingers crossed 

Please do! I had already emailed my nearest dealer asking about safety recalls before I found out there was one so hopefully they will reply to my email early tomorrow and we can go from there. Good luck 

Thanks for bringing the recall to the forum Aygo owner's attention. Hopefully will get it sorted at next months service 🙂

Well I rang my local Toyota dealers they said they know about the recall but are waiting on parts and will contact me when they are in 

I asked why was I not informed about the recall and that I only found out by this forum and he said he didn’t know not sure if I was being fobed off about them waiting for parts lol

• Like 1

I have read that parts can take a while (especially older models) so hopefully they will be sorted but as long as they are aware. Did they take your contact details?

Yes because I made sure that they had my address for that car and not the previous owner because I have a private number plate and when I checked it did not come up as it is only known by its previous number for some reason so just have to wait for a letter now I will give them two weeks then I will ring again lol

It looks like the recall has only recently been announced, as it isn't currently on the DVSA website - https://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/search.asp

As regards the letters, DVSA will arrange for owners details of affected cars to be supplied by DVLA to Toyota GB, who will then write out. If DVLA have your current address, you should receive a letter.

Thanks for that info I suppose it’s just a waiting game now but at least it’s been picked up as I am always on edge that they are going to fall out again 

Mine is currently duct taped on, I havent attempted to drive it yet. But I need to later to get to university so fingers crossed it’ll stay in! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Linda Goldsmith said:

Hi Chloe I have used duck tape it holds it in quite good 

I have mine booked in for next Thursday. We went down the route of customer service complaints (that’s what the dealer advised) and then we got it sorted very quick 

What area are you because it’s amazing they can get the parts and my garage does not seem interested now or when I first told them about my windows 

18 minutes ago, Linda Goldsmith said:

What area are you because it’s amazing they can get the parts and my garage does not seem interested now or when I first told them about my windows 

Rotherham, my garage still don’t have much information but after speaking to Toyota they said they would get parts sent over and to book in with the garage which I have done. The garage has also told me to put a complaint in with Toyota regarding the scratches it has caused 

Thanks Chloe I am in Sidcup and they are not helpful at all so I will ring Toyota head office you don’t happen to have the number that you rang as they seemed to sought it out for you thanks x

My mum spoke to them on my behalf as I had to go out but the number was ‭

0344 701 6202‬
And she said It is better to go through to customer service than press recall option think it was 7

Well Chloe I have gone from pillar to post and still no luck told by head office parts are in when I speak to dealership they said No and that head office does not know the full details as it’s a new recall and they will phone me when  they are ready to book me in 

Recalls have a process to follow, and as said earlier this is a new recall, so dealers won't probably have the full information. No different to other manufacturers.

• Like 1

Just received notifications about this thread. It's great news this has finally been given the attention it deserves. 

I'm really happy people are going to get their windows sorted for free. :)

You are right Frostyballs to what you said as I have experienced it today lol

On 11/16/2018 at 2:54 PM, Linda Goldsmith said:

You are right Frostyballs to what you said as I have experienced it today lol

I’m fully expecting to take the car in on Thursday to be told there’s nothing they can do yet. The information still hasn’t been put onto DVSA website so I’m presuming the dealer won’t have the information yet either. I can’t understand the reasoning behind saying there’s a recall when no information has been given yet it’s only going to frustrate people