Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Display control on steering wheel

Altis1.8

Hello! I hope someone can help me. I have a 2012 Corolla US version. I bought this steering wheel controls that have the "Disp" feature but as you can see on the picture my car only has the Audio controls only. But my doubt is that since I have a Toyota Auris Instrument panel installed on my car ( as seen on the picture) would I need to do any extra wiring or its plug and play? Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20170905-134039.png

Screenshot_20170905-134111.png

Hi ! 

You need an extra wire for this button and a new spiral cable with more circuits. I replaced my MODE button with DISP , see this topic : 

and picture: 

Ford audio controls

Hello! Thanks for the reply. And my steering wheel is different than the auris 2008 model I dont know if the spiral cable will be as well. I'll post a picture of the steering wheel. And do you have any pictures of the process of how can I put the extra wire. Thanks in advance

Screenshot_20170905-154721.png

Or if its easier how can I replace my mode button with the disp one? Because I have a Dvd player with steering wheel control study so I think even if I replace the mode with the disp button I should be able to use the mode button either way. 

Hi ! Check if you have  the circuit in spiral cable for DISP button. It's possible the pin to be unconnected, I saw many steering wheels from 2012 onwards with DISP button at the right side of airbag. Identify this pin in connector, then is simple... For this, you have to remove the airbag only.

Hopefully it does! Do you know how can I identify if I have this circuit on my spiral cable? 

I hope so! If you see a free pin from back side of airbag connector, put it to ground and if it's that one you need, trip computer should change the display.

thank you so much Tavy if I have doubts I'll let you know here and post some pictures of the conectors. 

You're welcome Jose ! I can hardly wait your pictures with audio controls / DISP switch connector...

Thanks and of course. I'll keep you up to date with this. Im still doing some research on what cars have the same spiral cable as me and if any of them has a Disp button. Also I wanted to ask you. My Auris cluster has in one corner this number "E96-A" do you know what it means? 

• 2 years later...

large.Screenshot_20200120-192821_eBay.jpg.fbd8fd43bff11fb028066cb88635ae07.jpg

On 9/5/2017 at 1:47 PM, Altis1.8 said:

Hello! I hope someone can help me. I have a 2012 Corolla US version. I bought this steering wheel controls that have the "Disp" feature but as you can see on the picture my car only has the Audio controls only. But my doubt is that since I have a Toyota Auris Instrument panel installed on my car ( as seen on the picture) would I need to do any extra wiring or its plug and play? Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20170905-134039.png

Screenshot_20170905-134111.png

Hello. I have same issue. I have a Corolla 2010 S that came with the left buttoms in the steering wheel. I would like to add the right buttoms for phone calls and DISP. Would be plug and play? Or I need some extra wiring? Attached photo of my steering wheel. Thanks

Edited by Albertogi0
Add photo