Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are new Auris fitted with DAB radio as standard?

nielshm

One one knows why, but no new Auris in Denmark is fitted with a DAB radio as standard. I don't even think it's can be bought as a option.

It seems like, the level of equipment is very different from on country to another.

Norwegian Toyotas has all been fitted with DAB radios since 2015, what about the UK?

When I bought my car in 2016, I was told that Toyota had a global standard in all their cars, and that was the reason why no DAB was avaliable. Cleary that was a big fat lie.

The sales organisation for each individual country decides on the equipment spec for the cars they sell in that market. For example in the UK, Toyota GB decided that DAB would be standard on models above the base 'Active' version.

By the sound of it, Toyota Denmark decided not to offer DAB in their market, whereas Toyota Norway decided to include DAB.

The thing is, if DAB ever becomes a option, I'll have to pay full price my self. As I see it, the whole center unit has to be repleced, maybe the antenna needs replacement too.

Is looks very expensive, and I feel it dumb money to spend, just becourse the car is bought in a "wrong" country. Even the most basic Auris H/B is costs DKK 216.000 ~ £ 27.000, and it's only  with the FM radio.

As far as I'm aware, DAB is an add on module to the current multimedia unit, rather needing a totally different unit.

Presumably Toyota Denmark have considered the spec they think they can sell in their market, and have also taken into account the specs and the pricing of competitors to ensure their products are competitive in that market. In the UK, the Auris starts at £15,995. However, the spec may be different to the Danish spec, and what may sell in the UK, may not sell in Denmark. Just a simple fact of life.

1 minute ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

As far as I'm aware, DAB is an add on module to the current multimedia unit, rather needing a totally different unit.

With the introduction of the Touch/Touch 2 head units DAB became an integrated function, so the entire head unit would need replacing and a DAB antenna adding 

4 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

With the introduction of the Touch/Touch 2 head units DAB became an integrated function, so the entire head unit would need replacing and a DAB antenna adding 

I've sent a email to Toyota Danmark, just to find out whats going on. It's just not good enough in 2017 that DAB radios cant be fitted as a option. 

And it's not just the Auris, even Avensis and CHR are stuck with old FM tecnology. FM band is expected to turn off with in 5 years or so. 

13 hours ago, nielshm said:

The thing is, if DAB ever becomes a option, I'll have to pay full price my self. As I see it, the whole center unit has to be repleced, maybe the antenna needs replacement too.

Is looks very expensive, and I feel it dumb money to spend, just becourse the car is bought in a "wrong" country.

Do Pure sell in Denmark? https://www.pure.com/uk/car-audio/in-car-dab-adapters

Is importing from within Europe viable? Pure Highway 400 is ~ £130 here.

our 2013 Auris hybrid has Dab as standard ,on the back of the head unit Dab is identified by a blue antenna socket

the add on unit is for factory nav .

Toyota Denmark confirms that DAB is'nt standard i danish cars. They says that FM/DAB teknology is about to change in Denmark, but they don't know wich radio teknology is the new standard to come. They wont be informed until late 2018!! But I have the option of buying a GO module and add it to the Touch 2, since it supports AHA, internet radio. Is'nt that the satnav unit?