Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7AFE Info Required

Alex170984

Hi all,

My name is Alex and I own a 1989 Toyota MR2. I have recently installed a 4AGZE engine however the engine is going to be rebuilt over the next coming months. I bought it 2nd hand and installed it straight away without a rebuild. It has since developed a misfire and I have a worn rod bearing.

You might find it odd that I have this car and I am on this forum...I am looking at creating a 7AGZE using the 7AFE block and internals.

Have any of you done this with your Avensis' or created a 7AGE? I have heard of people putting these hybrid engines into their AE86 Corolla & MR2s.

Has anyone got a photo of the front and rear of a bare 7AFE block? I do not know what this block looks like as fabricating brackets for my supercharger and alternator will have to happen.

Also, the 7AFE crank - does anyone know what power this can withstand? Any reliability issues? Anything at all would help me out :)

Thank you for taking the time to read through this

Many thanks,
Alex 

Hi m8

No reason to think anyone around here hasn't a modded engine... Nonetheless, perhaps RetroRides or googling MR2 engine swaps would throw up something/someone with knowhow??

ATB

2sav

Hi,

Unfortunately there is not a lot if any documentation information on the 7AFE to 7AGE swap. 

Thought it may be an ask as the 7AFE comes from the avensis....

If you're unable to get a definite answer here, you should seek out a few modding forums from around the world. 7AGZE is a popular mod in quite a few MR2 forums and Toyota modding forums.

Not too many people who mod their Avensises in Europe, and the few I know of have done the 3SGTE swap. Usually the cost of putting in a 3SGTE combined with the power you get without major modifications by far outweighs the cost of making a 7AGZE.

A guy here in Norway did an Avensis diesel to Caldina GT-T rebuild complete with 4x4 and got it road legal (although this was before the government realized that the German papers for JDM cars were nothing but translations from Japanese). Last I heard the car has been tuned to do 500+ bhp.

I know that there are a few mk1 MR2s with the 3S-GTE in UK, not sure where you can find a build guide though. It's known as the mk1.5 in case you wondered.

Hi Xzirri, yes the main builder of the mark 1.5 is Paul Woods who I have met a few times and I am a member of 3 of the MR2 forums so I am familiar with this conversion. 

Unfortunately the 7AGE is not a conversion that has taken place with the MK1 MR2. 

As mentioned you might find useful forum posts and guides for the 7A-GZE in Toyota modding forums from around the world. I bet you'll find some pages in Russian or Polish, maybe even in English from the US, Australia or NZ. I know the Celica came with the 7A-FE, might be a better idea to ask around in those forums. As long as you find an engine build guide it should be pretty much plug and play once the engine build is done.

• Like 1