Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris E150 Sat Nav MY differences

Joely P

Hi all,

I'm viewing a couple of hybrid Auris T-Spirit cars tomorrow and have noticed a difference between a 2010 model sat nav hardware in comparison to the 2012. Does anyone know what the difference actually is other than the obvious aesthetic changes? Are there any worthwhile technical or GUI alterations worth considering between the 2? I have attached a picture of both for reference.

Also, is there a buying guide or any pointers to look out for on these cars like common faults that I should be aware of?

Any advice welcomed,

Regards,

Joel.

2010 car:

F4B623B1-24D5-4AF2-8698-60DC23630746-5004-00000447294D0C45.jpeg

2012 car:

8CE12471-35DB-4586-AA1D-86EC11E6EB58-5004-0000044767EFBBD9.jpeg

The 2012 Auris will have Toyota's later Touch multimedia unit and if it has the satnav module, then it will be Touch & Go. No CD.

The 2010 car will have a completely different, older design radio/CD/satnav unit, which, I think, dates back to 2006.

The Touch multimedia units were replaced approx two years ago with the Touch 2.

• Like 1

check if the 2010 uses an SD card or a hard drive or what for maps & updates.

17 minutes ago, cuius said:

Good/bad points (incl. a number of comments re: sat-navs):

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/toyota/auris-2013/?section=good

Comments relate to second generation Auris. OP is enquiring about the first generation.

Thanks for the input chaps. Unfortunately, after a long drive to view the first one I was let down by a lazy trader! I took a punt by travelling a fair distance and I had an appointment so it wasn't unexpected, but when I arrived the car was filthy and the Battery dead; I walked away!

I test drove the car anyway (after it was started with a jump pack) as I've not driven the hybrid version yet and thought I may as well get something out of the nearly 2 hour trip. I was slightly disappointed in the gearbox as it felt very lazy and indecisive. I think I'll stick with the straight petrol engine and a manual box; the search continues.

Ideally I wanted a well specced car and was looking for a "t-spirit" model but they all seem to be hybrid. The best specced car other than them seems to be the "colour collection" so I'll probably shoot for one of those, it's just a shame they don't have auto lights and auto wipers.

"was slightly disappointed in the gearbox as it felt very lazy and indecisive" - would be interested in what you mean by this. 

14 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Comments relate to second generation Auris. OP is enquiring about the first generation.

"I'm viewing a couple of hybrid Auris T-Spirit cars" - difficult to know what he was asking - surely the hybrids weren't released to 2012?

The first generation Auris hybrid went on sale in the UK from May 2010, and the second generation Auris hybrid went on sale from December 2012.

The photos in the OP's first post are the dashboard from the first generation Auris.

"was slightly disappointed in the gearbox as it felt very lazy and indecisive" - would be interested in what you mean by this. 

It's been a while since I drove an auto but these feel a bit sluggish in the decision to change and seem to hang at high RPM leaving the engine revving unnecessarily. Maybe it's my driving style or maybe the box of the 2 I tried were faulty?

"I'm viewing a couple of hybrid Auris T-Spirit cars" - difficult to know what he was asking - surely the hybrids weren't released to 2012?

The facelift E150 Auris was offered with the hybrid synergy drive system from 2010 to 2012 from what I've seen.

44 minutes ago, Joely P said:

It's been a while since I drove an auto but these feel a bit sluggish in the decision to change and seem to hang at high RPM leaving the engine revving unnecessarily. Maybe it's my driving style or maybe the box of the 2 I tried were faulty?

The facelift E150 Auris was offered with the hybrid synergy drive system from 2010 to 2012 from what I've seen.

The hybrids have a CVT transmission "constantly variable transmission".  Its not like a "normal" auto box where you can feel it change gear, the CVT is seamless, so smooth, you are always "in the right gear", though no gears.

Maybe the person who took you out on the test drive didnt tell you that the system defaults to EcoMode, but press that button you get a more normal feel from the engine, acceterates friskier, but the downside is less economy. There is another button, "Power" and thats when all the hp available kicks in, 100bhp from the engine and 34 from the battey.... and you fly, but again at the cost of fuel economy.

I'm describing the buttons on my 2010 hybrid, they may be called something else on the 2012+ model

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

" "constantly variable transmission" .

Pedant alert - It's Continuously Variable Transmission. :smile: