Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good spark plugs?

m456an

I have 40,000 service but not 60,000 spark plug service, so I was thinking it would be better to be save than sorry. Anyone recommend any spark plugs, what about these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4X-DOUBLE-IRIDIUM-SPARK-PLUGS-FOR-TOYOTA-AVENSIS-1-8-2003-2008-/182540317645?epid=0&hash=item2a804033cd:i:182540317645

I believe it is the right engine code:::: 

S9ProductSpecHeader_zps97d8b140.png

Set of 4 PureSpark (Twin Iridium) Spark Plugs

Model: TOYOTA AVENSIS
Engine: 1.8 (95KW ; 129PS)
Engine Code: 1ZZ-FE
Year Range: 04/03-11/08

I do the services on my own car, and basically every service I change the spark plugs with Denso ones. I think it's overkill, but to me they cost £10 for a set so it makes sense to me to do so.

Anything by Denso really on a Toyota in my opinion will be good, then maybe NGK. I wouldn't bother with anything else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have never heard of PureSpark! I know Beru, Bosch, Champion, Denso, and NGK and will use those brands, but not PureSpark especially in the UK. I cannot even find the maker site or catalogue. Just the Pure Vue  eBay site and an address in Lancs. 

Stick with Denso or other know brands equivalent. 

• Like 1

I have used Bosch plugs in my mk1 Avensis which have been fine. The Iridium plugs are good for 68,000 or 5 years if my memory serves me.

The Bosch plugs were cheaper than Denso but a brand I trust. I wouldn't buy unknown brand / unknown quality parts so I might miss out on a real bargain now and then but I feel I am getting an up to standard part from an established manufacturer.

• 2 months later...

I would not trust much from Amazon, there is a habit of them writing the reviews.

When I fitted Bosch to my early Avensis, 2000 1.8VVTi the Dealer claimed the plugs were causing a problem with the management system. Changed plugs and problem disappeared.

1 minute ago, Saatan said:

I would not trust much from Amazon, there is a habit of them writing the reviews

That's your opinion, rather than fact.

Oh yes, it is MY opinion. I do not trust the write ups on the pages of theres

Seems to have more pull up hills, though I am guessing because these are twin point the ecu may not be accurately working the average mpg as it is lower.

I have ordered one ignition coil not denso, not a Chinese one but European one called Nordic on eBay that meets some Euro ISO standard. May try it out next year, if it runs well I will order the rest, I mean the other 3. The denso ones are expensive, and the blue print .... one person on Amazon UK said they fit but do not work on avensis.