Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Loss of power

paigerich

Hi....I wonder if anyone has ever encountered this on their Corolla??

I've got a 2l d4d 07 Corolla with 123k. The other day traveling along the duel carriage way, came off the accelerator but when I went back on it there seemed to be nothing no acceleration. The car carried on at 65, didn't lose power but wouldn't accelerate beyond the speed it was doing. It was almost as if there was something holding it back. No stuttering either. Then without warning power came back and it accelerated. It has had a few stutters if I change down to 4th or 3rd. This afternoon along the motorway it happened again but for about 5 or 6 miles. It's done it a few times during the previous 2 weeks. 

When it's running normally, it's running great but I'm at a loss. Thought about changing it using the scrappage scheme but I like it too much, especially when its going ok.

Any thoughts?? I've cleaned the MAF (not properly because I couldn't get it off) but still doing it. Would a fault show using a diagnostic device even though there's no light on the dashboard?? Could it be the particulate filter??

Any thoughts/advice would be greatly received

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Did you sort this problem out? Mine has developed the same problem.

Cheers, Maxwell

Hi Maxwell

I think/hope so, is looking good up to now. I changed the fuel filter on the recommendation of my local garage as a starting point but then I took the egr valve off and cleaved it out using carburettor cleaner and that seems to have find the trick. That was about 5 weeks ago and I've had none of the symptoms since. It was easy to get on/off too

Hope that helps.... Good luck