Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyres

sorrell

the standard alloys on the corolla sr 1.6 take a 175/65/r14 tyre. I am getting four brand new ones but was wondering if they will take 185/55/r14.

Might seem like a stupid question to some but aint no mechanic.

Cheers <_< :unsure::huh:

the standard alloys on the corolla sr 1.6 take a 175/65/r14 tyre. I am getting four brand new ones but was wondering if they will take 185/55/r14.

I don't see why they won't go on!

There's not a major difference between the sizes.

Your best bet is to ask the tyre shop when you go there! :thumbsup:

the user manual should have reference on the tyre szes to use. also mind that there might be a change in fuel consumption if u change the tyre size, especially in urban traffic.

the ones i want are a lower profile and a little bit wider 185 instead of 175 and 55 instead of 65. Would fuel consumption be upset by much?

I had 175/70/13 on my e10 rolla. Then I changed to 195/45/15 - didn't notice any increase in fuel consumption, but the car dropped a further 15mm closer to the ground - sticks to the road like glue now, since it was lowered 35mm as well. The tyres I've got are about 4% out of the recommended tyre diameter when u upgrade your tyres.

Go to www.rochfordtyres.co.uk for a tyre size calculator, u might even see some alloys that u like as they are well cheap! Got my wheels from there (AP23) and the tyre upgrade only cost me 20 quid(to go from 195/50/15 to 195/45/15). The total price including delivery was 375 quid- which is very good, considering that I've bought Wolfrace alloys!

They would have been around 600 quid plus in any shops like Halfords etc !

so i should be able to fit slightly wider tyres on the alloys that i have at the moment

Yes, you should be able to!

I used to have an old Mk2 Golf with 145's on it. I took them off and put 185's on without any probs. You're only going up one size difference so they'll be fine!

phoned kwik fit just now and they reckon that it will knacker the handling and can put the speedo out. :help::help::help::help:

dont listern to them mate they will all tell u the same thing,cause they wanna cover they back if something goes wrong.

they are correct.

The wider tyre will be sloppier on the rim and look rubbish, the lower profile will put your speedo out but only marginally depending on how much difference in Rollin diameter you create

If you want lower profile then get just than, dont mess with the width, it will look stupid. If you want wider tyres then get wider wheels.

and if your going to worry about fuel consumption.... find a different hobby as car modifying is not for you.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links