Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina Mk2 XL parts

combedcentaur7

Hi all, I recently git myself a 1991 Carina MK2 XL and it's in great Nick, however it had been sitting for a Lil bit and rust has been eating away at some of the wings, the front right is falling apart and the rear left has a £2 coin sized hole in it 😔 the car runs and drives great but aesthetically it's not to good, the plastics are slightly faded and like I previously mentioned there is quite a bit of rust, so if anyone knows of some parts, lemme know as I'd love to get this back to looking fabulous and driving great, many thanks in advanced!

Host up some pics m8. We like (even) the grotty bits.....

Nothing a 'machine polish' won't get showroom!!

What's the history/miles :cool:

2sav

The car was bought new 1991 from a local dealer, been drove by 2 older women on odd occasions, long miles mainly... but then since about 2008 it's mainly just sat outside, been started over a couple times a month, only little basic things ever gone wrong with it, had a new starter motor, new filters, new tires, brake disks and spark plugs... typical boring stuff if u ask me 😂 the exhaust supposedly fell off but think her son might have "borrowed" the car and took it down some questionable roads... but the car runs smooth and easy slight blow on the exhaust where it hasn't been sealed properly but nothing difficult my only problem ATM is the body work, and I can't find anything anywhere, no body panels anywhere 😔

IMAG0327.jpg

IMAG0329.jpg

IMAG0328.jpg

IMAG0326.jpg

IMAG0330.jpg

Hmmm....

There is someone going for £600 with a 1.6 (sitting in a garden) and it has less wing!!

If you google for Carina 2 or Corona*(same car/years in other countries) you can find some body panel stockists :wink:

Take a picture with 'all of it' in... Not like an Ebail ad lol

2sav

Ah 😂 sorry it's my first time posting stuff and I'll get some better ones soon (it's not at my property so it's bit of a pain to go threw if it's just to take pics) that panel looks very similar, thanks I'll drop em a message and see if they recon it's same, they might have one for the right aswell 😁

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm back, kinda... I had some health issues that I had to sort but I'm on the mend 😁 I've messaged the eBay seller twice and gotten no reply's, my buddy tried offering £30, £65 and we're both declined so I guess the seller really wants £90 for it 😔 I think I'm gonna have to for the time being just patch her up, cut away most of the rust and weld some sheet metal to it, there was a slight problem that had risen with the engine being that one of the spark plugs had gone ( not the end of the world ik ) and when removing them one snapped so it ended up sitting for about 2 weeks without it being started and when I finally manged to get it 1 unscrewed and 2 actually out the cylinder, I discovered that the spark plug that broke had a good 20mm gap bigger than the rest 😂 but that's all sorted now, the car idles even smoother now however I'm slightly concerned about a small amount of white ish mist / smoke coming out the exhaust, ik if this is mist and is steam that's not good coz either the head / cylinder is cracked or the head gasket needs changing, which ATM I cannot do, with me being ill and it being rather cold outside. A buddy said it could just be exhaust fumes condensing where the exhaust is leaking but IDK with he's right?

Here's some pics there all I've got until I can travel and go take some more 

IMAG0331.jpg

IMAG0358.jpg

IMAG0332.jpg

Well..... Looks quite nice m8. Hatch too!

These (back in the day) soldiered on until forever... Nothing a bit of 'wobb' won't beautify :artist:

As long as rust isn't eating the rear suspension + brake pipes are sound.... Just chugg along + enjoy it :biggrin:. I have looked at the MOT history and she's a "clean un!" No mistakes :ph34r:

2sav

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links