Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vsv voltage help

Savrseno

Hi to all... can someone who have rav4 4.2 with d4d 2.0 engine measure voltage on vsv valve connector when ignition is on... i measured on mine and received 10V dc but that is not enough to activate vsv (no click sound)... after few minutes i can hear click from vsv just for one second and it turns off again... voltage from connector is always 10V but periodicaly 5-10mins interval i dont know exactly it rises to 12V for one second and then i can hear click from vsv... is this normal?? I checked vsv and it works good i think... 

Have attached a test procedure for the VSV. However, it is common for VSV's to seize up.

The recommended procedure is to spray some GT85 PTFE lubricant into the valve, allow surplus lube to drain out of the valve overnight then refit.

vsv_test.pdf

Thank you for your reply friend... i did tested vsv and it works ok... but as i said in first post when i disconnect connector from vsv valve and measure DC voltage from connector when ignition is ON it gives 10V... its not enough voltage to turn on vsv... and if i wait 5-10mins voltage rises to 12V just for one second and comes back to 10V... i dont know is this normal?? Can you measure on your car just to check?? 

Don't have the car at the moment, it is away having a cambelt/water pump etc. Will gladly check when I have it back.

I would be surprised if 10volts was not enough to throw the solenoid.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links