Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lower arm and rear brakes replaced - VSC TRC light

NorthantsPete

So I had the lower arm replaced, offside due to MOT failure, corrosion.

I had the rear shoes replaced as the handbrake failed. Theyre connected to the discs so those are new aswell as part of it.

about 10 minutes into my journey the traction control OFF slight comes on (VSC/TRC light)

Its going back to the garage but what could it be?

There are a few reasons why the VSC/TRC lights are on - one of the brakes lights bulbs has failed, the EGR on diesel engine needs cleaning, or one of the abs sensors has a bad connection or faulty.

You need to get a diagnostics read, or using the jumper wire trick to see if the ABS system has stored any codes. A piece of wire is connected the OBD socket, linking terminal 4 and 13. The key is turned to IGN ( don't start the engine) and the ABS light will flash a number of times twice (small delay between the groups of flashes), then if more codes are stored there is a longer delay before the next set of flashes. Here is a demonstration of how it is done. There were no codes to report at the time.

If you look on the second page of the next link, you will find the list of codes - http://www.testroete.com/car/Toyota/mr2 spyder/References/Technical Training/05 - Brake Systems/20.pdf

All are straightforward to check and if the garage has not put back everything properly, then they should fix it. They are responsible for releasing the car safely for you to use in the public road!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links