Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tuning A 2e Engine

XkillerX

I spent the last few days looking for mods and upgrade parts for my 2E engine (1300 carburator), but the only thing i could find was a K&N filter (# e-9106). Does anybody have experience with tuning this car/motor? Business ain't looking so good this year so it looks like my baby and I will be friends for a while more, and i'd like to get best out of her possible (yes i know i can crank up the fuel intake a few notches and gain more power but i'm looking for more subtle solutions... and ones that won't double the fuel consumption). since it's not EFI, i can't chiptune. can't find a cold-air intake either.... help? :(

There are barely performance parts for this engine, tough I've seen TRD cams, TODA flywheels and such, very expen$ive by the way.

There are no CAI since it is carbed. I've got a 2E also and did the intake tubing myself.

There's lot you can do to it but will not get you too far since it is a 1.3L, hence with some work on the internals it can easily climb up to 9k rpms!

can you give more info about your d.i.y. intake tubing? also, is there a weber carb available? (and is it worth the change?)

Use PVC piping. Ppl say PVC will release harmful fumes to the engine when heated tough.

A Weber 32/36 will do.

I've seen down here 1300ccs N/A doing 15s in the 1/4 mile with some simple stuff and weight reduced.

I just did 2" piping, intake, muffler, jetted carb on mine.

I'm saving for a 4AGE swap. Time to get serious!

Hi mate, havent even bothered to look for engine mods for my car, didnt even know that the air filter existed, does it make a lot of difference? sound etc.? also i can only find it on a french site, any english ones?

let us know, cheers boss, Chris

DJR-TRD: do you have photos of the install? can you send detailed instructions, or point me to a site that has them posted? more info pleeeeeeaseeee!!!

Viperce: you can check out the filtercharger on k&n site: http://www.knfilterchargers.com/search/pro...spx?Prod=e-9106

http://www.knfilterchargers.com/search/app...spx?Prod=E-9106

and get it online over froogle:

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=e-9106...=Search+Froogle

i haven't bought it yet. i can't shop online, and the idiot working at a tuner shop said it was a special order, and that he's not sure if it's 38 or 76 euros?!?!?. what an a$shole. since then i'm looking for another shop to get it but i guess i'm gonna have to go back to the ***** and cough up the dough. either way, it pays off, since an average quality filter is aprox 7 euros, and an original is 12, and i swap them twice a year to be on the safe side, it's easier to buy ONE with ONE million mile warranty :)

off topic: is there a way to transform a 2E motor to a 2E-E? actually, is there a way to transform my engine into a fuel-injection type? i think that would yield the most power boost AND lessen the consumption, but... let's hear what you guys say.

Yes u can, but will not be worth the money and effort. Best wise thing to do if you want to keep the 2E would be going forced induction, just depends how much more power you want. You can't get too much from a 1.3, I'll say almost nothing. I've got the 2E and I'm not so happy with it, I just want to collect my $ and swap it.

Best thing if you want to get fast would be a swap. A 5EFTE at least.

Here's what my home-made-intake looks like:

179625_73_full.jpg

Good luck!

• 2 years later...

I spent the last few days looking for mods and upgrade parts for my 2E engine (1300 carburator), but the only thing i could find was a K&N filter (# e-9106). Does anybody have experience with tuning this car/motor? Business ain't looking so good this year so it looks like my baby and I will be friends for a while more, and i'd like to get best out of her possible (yes i know i can crank up the fuel intake a few notches and gain more power but i'm looking for more subtle solutions... and ones that won't double the fuel consumption). since it's not EFI, i can't chiptune. can't find a cold-air intake either.... help? :(

was once say to me that the importer of toyota selled some kits to give it a little more punch.

seems those kits were sold mainly to increase the power of the engine of the toyota starlets that ran in a rookies trophy here in portugal... suposely gave them increase from 75 to 90 hp

only more recently i noticed that there are a big bunch of specs of that engine here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_E_engine#2E

2 years later...

what did you end up doing with it?????

• 2 years later...

was once say to me that the importer of toyota selled some kits to give it a little more punch.

seems those kits were sold mainly to increase the power of the engine of the toyota starlets that ran in a rookies trophy here in portugal... suposely gave them increase from 75 to 90 hp

only more recently i noticed that there are a big bunch of specs of that engine here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_E_engine#2E

2 years later...

what did you end up doing with it?????

Greetings guys. I have a 1300 2e with a couple of mods that have definitely increased the car's performance. Specifically, it has a 4-1 branch with s/steel freeflow exhaust (50mm), 32/36 Weber carb, K&N filter, head has been ported and gasflowed, 268 deg cam (not dialled in, need adjustable vernier gear). The last power run I did showed 66,4 kw and 111Nm of torque.

It doesn't sound like much but it is a buzz to challenge VW 1.4i's which have better specs and basically beat them and smile about it after!

• Like 1

i have a corolla EE90 too....my problem is after i tighten the valve the engine vibrate seriously...and the engine lost power......can shoot until 150km/h...now hardly reach 100km/h...then valve v noisy....

• 4 months later...

I also have Weber 32/36 DGEV on my 2E engine but it needs to be rejetted.

I hope somebody know what are the right jet settings for 1300cc engine... :(

Thanks in advance!

If you really have to keep the 2-E, then go for the lightwieght stuff such as flywheel and stripping out the car.

But if you must have power, try to get your hands on the 4A-GE. Brilliant engines and they last forever! About 130BHP if you get the more torquey non-TVIS version.

i have a corolla EE90 too....my problem is after i tighten the valve the engine vibrate seriously...and the engine lost power......can shoot until 150km/h...now hardly reach 100km/h...then valve v noisy....

IIRC the valve clearances need to be set when the engine is Hot on the 12 valve 2E engines.

Mick

• 6 months later...

allso tweaking my 2e :P

going to strip engine on mondey , got a few parts such as basic air filter (cone) new ignition wires, waiting for spark plugs etc..

also going to change piston rings...flow and polish the head...ne crank bearings etc...

keep u guys updated

good 2010

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello there, can someone help me find a toyota 2e engine manual?

Dude I am looking everywhere for a corolla manual with a 2E engine, no luck. Its like hens teeth I tell you

reading this thread with interest, i have just bought a corolla as a daily drive as i have a 4x4 thats now down to 20mpg after mods i did,

its now fast for a pickup, but i weould expect the corolla to keep up easy enough,

but i am sure a few engine mods wont go amis, as fas as i can tell its a 2E

If you have the GL model then it is a 2E engine. Nice enough motor due to raw simplicity!

KP

If you have the GL model then it is a 2E engine. Nice enough motor due to raw simplicity!

KP

that will do me then, simple suits me for sure. am i right in thinking its a carb not injection

i wont be collecting it till saturday you see,

• 7 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Can anyone tell me how to tune a 2e carburetor.. Basically how to do it... Bcz I think it's running too rich.. Please help email thanupamo98@gmail.com 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links