Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Impressions and questions for Aygo 2014 model

mentoras

6 minutes ago, mentoras said:

Please take a look at the windscreen. It was like this, almost from the very first moment. This is the left side of the exterior/windscreen on the edge, where a rubber/plastic seems to be there for some reason, and as you can see, it is not so well fitted, while on the right side it is sticked on the glass. Is this any kind of a future problem, or just a bad quality part? Should I do something about it?

windscreen2.jpg

My 107 had this issue and I used some Tiger seal to bond it back down or you could use some butyl tape that'll do the same job. Do it on a nice day and keep it under pressure against the A pillar for a while so it'll bond.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had the impression but rather wrong, that the gas/fuel cap, could be turned unlimited times with safety. But today I tried to turn it more, and it seems to have some kind of resistance.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone ever observed any decrease in aygo's performance, due to air condition operation?

Each of our cars have had air conditioning since 1998 - ranging in engine size from 1.0 litre to 1.8. With the first, a 1.3 Corolla GS, there was a noticeable performance effect when turning the air con, but as air con has become more efficient, the effects have been greatly reduced.

With the Aygo we have the air con on all the time, and there is a slight effect when the air con and fan are working to capacity to cool the car down after it has parked for a while and the inside temperature has built up. Once this initial cooling has brought the temperature down any effect is far less noticeable.

• Like 1

How 'sensitive' under the sun, would you characterize the aygo? My house has a parking with shade so most of the day the car is protected from sun, but taking my car for going to work each day, I am counting about 4-5 hours per day of direct sun exposure, with good weather conditions. I wonder if this will harm aygo over time.

I am not sure if it is just accidental incidents or a fact. But I believe that the plastic parts in doors and the interior of the car, are rather soft and easy to be scatched. I am so careful with my car, but I can see small/soft scratches in several points, like the position of the seat belt, or under the door cases-possibly by my shoes etc.
Anyone else with similar observation?

• Like 1

It isn't just an issue with the Aygo.

Cars we've owned with hard plastics on the dash and the door casings include a 2007 Mazda 2, a 2009 and 2012 Auris, 2012 i20 and a 2016 Aygo. They all had the same tendency to suffer from scratching, etc. We've also had courtesy and hire cars including i10's and a Skoda Citigo Elegance - the same. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today the thermometer seems to be stuck. What it shows has no relation with the actual temperature. I can't believe there is a problem, in a brand new car!

I had once such a problem with my old vectra, but it after some days it came back to a proper function.

But what happened to my aygo? Anyone else with similar experience?

• 1 month later...

I had a rather bad experience recently.
Lets take this history from the start.

It is almost a year with my new aygo, and I have run about 10.000 km.
So, as we are always advised in all cars, I have gone to a tire repair center to change the (new) tires back and forth.
The professional did it.
After this change, I have used the car for several days, without any problems.
But one day, I saw the tires warning indication lamp to be turned on, in orange color.
I was away from an official toyota service, so I call them to give me some guidance.
They told me that possibly a tire has lose air pressure, so I should go to a fuel station or other service and check/complete it.
And so I did. But the tires were having the pressure they always had: 33 psi. All of them.
But the lamp was always there, lighted on.
So I took the decision and made a lot of kilometers and I have gone to the official toyota center, to solve the problem, that I could not estimate how serious it was.
I told them that I checked the air pressure, everything was ok, I did not made anything wrong, and still the lamp indicated a problem.
Then the toyota technician, just opened the box in the co-driver position, and pressed the 'Tire pressure warning reset switch', and the problem was fixed!
Such a trouble, for nothing?

Questions:
- is this TPWS system faulty and inaccurate?
- why such an indication, when everything was ok with pressures?
- is there any relation with the change of tires back and forth?
- why they did not told me to press this button when I called them?
- can I just check the pressure of the tires and press this button if a similar problem appear in the future?
- what should I avoid in order to avoid such a situation again? what was wrong?

tires_set.jpg

Did you have two tyres replaced or did you have the wheels/tyres rotated?

Perhaps the professional should have reset the TPMS after they had replaced or rotated the tyres.

It was just a rotation. Should I press this reset TPMS button myself, when a rotation or replacement take place?

Strange enough that aygo was going for days after tyres rotation, and suddenly it decided to light the indication lamp, which was also like a false alarm.

I am not sure about the relation with the tyres change, but I don't have any explanation for the incident.

I think this topic deserves some discussion.

Frostyballs is right.

Check your tyres. There should not be any problem with them.

Every time I have my tyres swapped (winter <> summer), Toyota forgets to reset the TPMS. The problem does not appear instantly. I drive and after a few hours, the TPMS indicator lights on. And it stays this way during all the season, until I go back to the garage to swap the tyres.

I have not this button to reset the TPMS on my Aygo.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There are loads of roof bars for the citroen C1 on eBay which will fit straight on our Aygo's so a roof box could then be fitted.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, X5Ken said:

There are loads of roof bars for the citroen C1 on Ebay which will fit straight on our Aygo's so a roof box could then be fitted.

Just be aware that some are for 5 door versions only.

On 9/13/2018 at 8:13 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Just be aware that some are for 5 door versions only.

Giving the fact that there is no official support for roof bars, I wonder if these solutions can harm the rubber parts and the waterproofness of the car. It is nice to have even third party solutions, but we should be aware of possible faults. What do you think?

• 4 weeks later...

Don't you find a lot of scratches on the sides of front seats, due to limited space between seat belts and the seats?

• Like 1

Yes I noticed it, too. It is not well conceived. The belt scratches the plastic on the side pillars.

The major problem is that on the Aygo 1, I liked storing things under my seat. In the Aygo 2, I can only reach the back through the space between the two front seats, as there is not enough room between my seat and the body.

We haven't got any scratches on the B pillar trim. 

A friend told me his thought, that the fact that aygo is identical with citroen c1 and peugeot 107, means that our car can have rather cheap official spare parts. Economies of scale, mass production, etc. What do you think?

The Aygo, CI and 108 are built in the same factory - a Joint Venture set up between Toyota and PSA, and the factory is owned and operated by the Joint Venture. Toyota teamed with PSA due to their experience in Europe of building small cars, and to share the design and production costs. Whereas in Japan and Asia they rely on Daihatsu for their small cars (some Daihatsu models are rebadged as Toyotas) for similar reasons - although Daihatsu is now wholly owned by Toyota.

Profit margins are tighter on city cars than superminis, medium sized cars (Auris), etc, so parts will be designed to a meet a smaller budget than larger cars. For example most city cars have areas of painted metal visible in the interior and partial door cards, whereas this wouldn't be acceptable in medium sector cars. 

If Toyota hadn't partnered with another manufacturer, we wouldn't have had a Toyota the size of the Aygo in Europe.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sometimes, I use to refuel incrementally(but always full refueling), even I have fully fueled the car recently, and I have made a use about 80-100km route.
I have observed, that the trip computer, does not calculate well the 'range' of kms, in such cases. It seems to be almost stuck/not updated.
After doing this twice, the total range did not changed at all, and it just continued to drop down.
I guess that if I keep doing it, there will be one day, that I will have a full tank, but the range that trip computer will show me, will be something like 0 kms!
Am I the only one that I experience this?

How much fuel did you put in? The range may not correct properly if less than 15 litres is put in, which is common to a number of Toyota models.

22 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

How much fuel did you put in? The range may not correct properly if less than 15 litres is put in, which is common to a number of Toyota models.

Believe it or not, I check the money I pay and not the lt! Last times I usually paid about 10-12 euros, with fuel price about 1,6 euros/per liter.

So it is rather expected this strange behavior in trip computer?

3 minutes ago, mentoras said:

I usually paid about 10-12 euros, with fuel price about 1,6 euros/per liter.

So between 6.25 and 7.5 litres.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

The meters/multi-information display, seems to collect/attract dust all the time. No matter how often I wipe it, no matter how careful I am in keeping the car's interior clean, this place always seem to be dusty. I did not had such experience with other cars, and this is why I can tell the difference. Anyone else observed this dust?