Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Impressions and questions for Aygo 2014 model

mentoras

Am I the only one, that finds less attracting to the eyes,

the newer aygos, that seemed to have the led strip down the face mask removed?

Mine with the led strips, I think it is more practical and more beautiful.

• 2 months later...

I guess that nobody really can have a sure answer but I wonder why Toyota did not used led lights inside the interior/cabin of the car?

We could have a really brighter cabin in the night hours. Instead of this, they insist using rather the classic light under the front mirror.

Presume quality LED bulbs from their suppliers (Philips, Osram, etc) would be more expensive than standard bulbs.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

From time to time, when I stop and park my aygo, I can clearly hear, sounds like some fluids are upset. Something like stirring liquids.
Especially when I have just previously have gone up a ramp.

I had my aygo in the usual annual service just a month ago, and also my aygo is almost like a new car.
So, I know that this is not a malfunction.
But I keep wondering myself, what this could be.
Anyone else heard such a sound?

Could be fuel sloshing about in tank?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, bobby boy said:

Could be fuel sloshing about in tank?

This is the only thought that also came into my mind.

I was thinking fuel tank or washer bottle. Aygo doesn't have hydraulic power steering does it?

Hopefully it's not water in the boot! :laugh:

22 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I was thinking fuel tank or washer bottle. Aygo doesn't have hydraulic power steering does it?

Hopefully it's not water in the boot! :laugh:

They have EPS unless it's a really bog-standard no option car (mainly aimed at the eastern European market)

You may have the goldfish powered Aygo, don't forget to feed them 😉 - in all honesty, check under the boot carpet for water

• 2 weeks later...

Late answer but I noticed it, too, especially when parking in a silent environment such as an underground parking 😄

It is the fuel tank, yes ^^

• Like 1

I know about its use, I am not sure about its name...
but even in this way, what I want to ask, it is if there is anything like a cord or something like that, to keep this lid attached to the car,
if I ever need to use it.

port1.jpg

Probably be best to put the cover inside the car if the towing eye ever needs to be used - a cord or similar would leave the cover dangling when the towing eye is used.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Probably be best to put the cover inside the car if the towing eye ever needs to be used - a cord or similar would leave the cover dangling when the towing eye is used.

Is it easy and steady for this cap, to be placed back in place after the use of towing eye?

Should just clip back in.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have this extra bumper on the car doors, since I bought it.

From day one, it was like this. A little bit unstuck, in between the edges. It remained in this way, all the previous years.

Is this a faulty misplacement? Is there any fear of total unstuck for this bumper?

bumper.jpg

The trim would be attached using 3M double sided tape or similar. Could be that the temperatures in Greece have affected the adhesion. 

• Like 1

I thought that the bumper itself had the appropriate gluing surface, not any extra double sided tape.

Yes, the summer is really hot in Greece, but this was the image of this bumper from the very beginning. I just did not paid much attention, but I am not sure if it will maintain well in the future. Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

aygo.jpg

Here are the tires  of my aygo's windscreen.

I have managed it so well, that almost 90% of the time is away from sun, parked in shadow.

However, the tires are like that. 4 years from the purchase of the car.

Not my fault. But what else then?

On 8/5/2020 at 12:24 PM, BobbyMcLeish said:

Price wise they are not that cheap.  Yes, they are one of the cheapest cars they do, but I've seen basic models (with wheel trims) on my local Mr Ts forecourt not shy of £10k.

I really could not part with that sort of money for a cheaply made car with sod all options on it.

However, saying that, my daughter lives her 2014 Aygo which has keyless entry and go amongst other little options, was very lucky to find it.  I've not seen another Aygo with this option anywhere, it was obviously a made to order option.

standard on the X-clusiv now, incl full leather!

Something new appeared on the back....something rubber made.

what is this?

aygo.jpg

• 1 year later...

I noticed 2 pipes at the back part of aygo, in front of back tires, beneath the car.

I have gone to official authorized service recently, so I guess that it should not be a fault or a possible problem. But I wonder what these pipes are.

I am on vacation in mountains, there are some unpaved roads that I have to pass. I am just a little bit worries that I see them extend lower than what I suppose to be normal, at the same level of the other parts of the bottom of the car.

So, what are these ones? Are they in the appropriate height or level? Am I safe or should I take some action?

---

So, we look at this part of the car

1.jpg

and if we bend down to see better, here we are

2.jpg

Looks like handbrake cables. Looks ok....

On 8/9/2023 at 6:33 PM, mrfixer said:

Looks like handbrake cables. Looks ok....

Is this normal position for every aygo of this generation?

• 3 weeks later...

Recently I had a visit to mountains.

In a really great uphill, while the car was parked and then I start the engine to go, I had really hard time to pass it through. Aygo's engine went our for many times. Finally, a person around there advised me to go back a lot, and then go forward and run again as much as possible. This way, finally I did it. But it was a terrible time. I never had difficulties to go anywhere with aygo, but while it was moving. This time was parked.

I wonder if the 'hill assist'/traction button could help me in any similar situation in the future, even though manual talks about snow or sand.

c.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links