Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Impressions and questions for Aygo 2014 model

mentoras

It seems that during my efforts for a better cleaning for local stains, I made something like an unresponsive scratch in my plastic bumbers. Actually it does not seem like a scratch on the color, but rather like the outdoor varnish has gone. What do you believe? I have bought a small set of color/varnish for my aygo. Should I try to locally put some varnish in this place?

scratch.jpg

On 2/11/2019 at 9:56 PM, eygo said:

have you tried a fine cutting compound 

No, I have not. Does it work for such situations?

I am quite disappointed by 'magical' products that in the end do nothing. In the past I tried to reverse the blur of the front lights of an older car of mine with such products, with no success. I just thrown my money. 

So, does it work?

Or, is the use of the official varnish a good idea?

it doesnt look like a deep mark in the paintwork it looks like its on the surface

i use meguairs products here is a link for the cutting compound i use

https://www.meguiars.co.uk/shop/ultimate-compound

this compound or an equivilant should work for you and remove the blemish.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) of Aygo, is the well known ESP ?  If yes, they should not change these names, it is so confusing without a reason...

Various manufacturers call it different things, it's been called VSC (Vehicle Stability Control) by Toyota since 1995 when it was introduced.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

2 happy years of owning my lovely Aygo!

And everything is fine!

🙂

22 minutes ago, mentoras said:

2 happy years of owning my lovely Aygo!

And everything is fine!

🙂

Great!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Did anyone ever experienced any shortage of refrigerant liquid of the air condition on his aygo, and consequently a rather insufficient function of a/c?

I have been generally told, that in most circumstances the refrigerant liquid is not a consumable thing. But from my other previous experiences, I had such minor problems with other cars in the past.

• 1 month later...

Why the plastics of Aygo, had to be so 'soft' and easy to be scratched? No matter how much I do care of avoiding scratches, even the slightest accidental -a little bit harder- touch, can leave a permanent impact on the interior plastics.

😞

4 hours ago, mentoras said:

Why the plastics of Aygo, had to be so 'soft' and easy to be scratched? No matter how much I do care of avoiding scratches, even the slightest accidental -a little bit harder- touch, can leave a permanent impact on the interior plastics.

😞

I guess this happens because they didn't use high quality plastics as they wanted to keep the production costs down. Keep in mind that Aygo is the cheapest Toyota car available and profit margins for such a car are pretty tight, so they have to cut corners...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pytheas said:

Keep in mind that Aygo is the cheapest Toyota car available and profit margins for such a car are pretty tight, so they have to cut corners...

Not really a case of cutting corners, more a case of keeping within a defined budget. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi @mentoras

I know that my Aygo is a 2012 (Mark 1) model but I only had to change my original Battery just before Christmas 2019......41,000 miles (which, thanks to Google is about 66,000 km) on a nearly, 8 year old car....not bad for a Battery that is about the size of two bags of sugar or pasta is it?

I hope that helps in some way......Don't worry about a thing for a few years, my friend.

All the best. 😊

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Today I had the unfortunate experience of the exhausted Battery. Just 3 years after the purchase of the car!

A possible fault of mine, if this is crucial of course, it is that the previous months I used the car everyday, but only for a few kilometers, and about ten minuted a day. This is what I needed it, but I did not ever thought that this could possible do any harm to aygo's Battery...

At the repair center I visited, besides the above explanation, also told me that batteries on the new cars, possible are older that the date of purchase of the car. Of course they are not plagued on the car, nobody says that. But if a new car is 3 years old now, the Battery possibly is 4 or 5 years old now....

And also, this initial battery, was a rather small one, 35mah. They put me a new, 'bigger' one with 50mah, though a little bit more expensive, but more capacity and possible longevity.

So, this is it with battery. Speculations or facts about the possible explanations,  the true fact is that it happened to me.

What do you think?

Vehicle production for the mass market is supplied on a 'just in time' basis. No components supplier keeps big stocks of components because it is just dead money. So yes a Battery fitted to a new car may be a few weeks older at most than the vehicle it is fitted to on the production line, but it won't be months and months older, let alone 1 to 2 years.

• Like 1

Batteries come with a warranty, yours may have been 2 years, if so it did ok lasting 3 years.  Usually the more you pay, the longer the warranty. Probably better quality parts used.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Is there any small external radio antenna for aygo?
I search on eBay, but I can't locate something.

On 9/17/2019 at 9:09 PM, Pytheas said:

I guess this happens because they didn't use high quality plastics as they wanted to keep the production costs down. Keep in mind that Aygo is the cheapest Toyota car available and profit margins for such a car are pretty tight, so they have to cut corners...

Price wise they are not that cheap.  Yes, they are one of the cheapest cars they do, but I've seen basic models (with wheel trims) on my local Mr Ts forecourt not shy of £10k.

I really could not part with that sort of money for a cheaply made car with sod all options on it.

However, saying that, my daughter lives her 2014 Aygo which has keyless entry and go amongst other little options, was very lucky to find it.  I've not seen another Aygo with this option anywhere, it was obviously a made to order option.

55 minutes ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

Price wise they are not that cheap.

At present the only new car in the UK appreciably cheaper than the Aygo is the Dacia Sandero.

The Aygo, Citroen C1, Peugeot 108 and Kia Picanto all start around the £9,600-10,100 mark for  the base versions. The Mitsubishi Mirage starts at 10,600. The VW Up, Hyundai i10 (2020) and Suzuki Ignis start at £12,500 plus. The Skoda Citigo/Seat Mio are now only in electric versions - £20,500 to £22,800.

The Ford Ka+, Vauxhall Viva, Vauxhall Adam, Renault Twingo and Suzuki Celerio are no longer sold in the UK.

Bear in mind the new 2020 Yaris (hybrid only) starts from £19,100 in the UK......

21 hours ago, mentoras said:

Is there any small external radio antenna for aygo?
I search on ebay, but I can't locate something.

Do you just want a stubby aerial ? What country are you from

Celsus AN7601 is 23cm it should be a 5mm thread

MG3 is under £9,500 - TBH all the safety features and emissions regs that put the cost of a car up - compare the same type of cars 20-30 years ago they were nowhere near the standards of what they are today, allowing for inflation it's not a bad price

a 1999 yaris new was £7000 Base spec that's the equivalent to around £12K today

3 hours ago, flash22 said:

Do you just want a stubby aerial ? What country are you from

Celsus AN7601 is 23cm it should be a 5mm thread

I live in Greece. I just want something smaller.

Hi Mentoras,

There does not seem to be a Greek eBay site but on the site that you use, search for a "Bee Sting Aerial" and you should find quite a few.

I've got one of these on mine:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spiral-Mast-Solid-Aluminium-Black-Antenna-FM-AM-Bee-Sting-Rubber/162004708303?fits=Model%3AAygo&hash=item25b83babcf:g:LtoAAOSwX~dWojXP

You can get even shorter, aluminium aerials (You will see them when you look) but the one above has a spiral aerial on a shorter stem and on mine it has actually improved the reception of the radio.

I hope that helps, all the best. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hi Agent Orange,

I can properly order from eBay uk, I have done it lots of times. Thanks for the suggestion!

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links