Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Impressions and questions for Aygo 2014 model

mentoras

7 hours ago, mentoras said:

I believe, possibly a suspicion but there are clues, that local resellers with Toyota's agreement of course, throw out some car systems related to 'comfort' (not the essential ones!), in order to put them back to the more expensive editions of the car, and push clients to pay for more....
Do you believe that the basic edition of aygo in Greece, come without electric windows?
I could believe in my ears when I heard it from the local reseller!!! Unacceptable from any optical view!
'Who may ever buy such a car nowadays?' I asked him. 'Car rentals in Greek islands' was his response....
Regarding the sound system, even the x-play version that I drove, did not had sufficient sound and I am not having big expectations in sound, but at least I want the sound not to be dull...

In any case, I would like Toyota to be more strict in such possible practices, rather than choosing this kind of ....'flexibility' that may harm their own brand name fame too...

Car manufacturers have very sophisticated research on local markets. Also, if you take an average model with perhaps 4 trims they don't expect (& plan) to sell many of the bottom & top trims - ~85-90% of sales are expected to be the "middle" trims.

On 05/11/2017 at 1:59 PM, mentoras said:

Do you believe that the basic edition of aygo in Greece, come without electric windows?
I could believe in my ears when I heard it from the local reseller!!! Unacceptable from any optical view!
'Who may ever buy such a car nowadays?' I asked him.

I do :D

I have bought the cheapest Aygo mk2 available in France. On the entry level, you have no electric windows, no central locking, no remote control key, no air conditioning, no radio, no rev counter...

I think it is good to give people the possibility to chose which equipment they want on their car.

Doesn't the black round gas cap has any special stop mechanism when you turn it around to be closed?
Today I tried to turn it more, and I heard something, but for sure it did not reminded me a proper stop sound, but either not a 'bad' one.
I hope it has some tolerance if someone turn it more that the point it should be stopped turning.
I hope I did not caused any kind of broke.
Your experience on this?

Yeah, it clicks so you don't over tighten the cap. Nothing to worry about.

How many kms do you travel, with a full tank filling?

With economic driving, I was able to do about 580kms, and it costed me less than 50 euros!

Truly unbelievable! I feel so satisfied for this Aygo choice.

I was observing the exhaust of my new aygo.

Here is a photo:

exhaust.jpg

Is this a normal exterior for the exhaust of a new car of just 3 months of ownership and always parked in covered parking places? I would expect a shining metal, but I wait to read your opinions.

34 minutes ago, mentoras said:

Here is a photo:

exhaust.jpg

Is this a normal exterior for the exhaust of a new car of just 3 months of ownership and always parked in covered parking places? I would expect a shining metal, but I wait to read your opinions.

I would say yes. The internal baffles of mine had corroded after only three and a half years, so I wouldn't expect the rest to be any more resistant to wear.

30 minutes ago, fordulike said:

I would say yes. The internal baffles of mine had corroded after only three and a half years, so I wouldn't expect the rest to be any more resistant to wear.

Oh, I admit I am terrorized by your post! So this is really a wear that my eyes are seeing?

I expected with the essential maintenance and good use of me, the car to be active and in 'good health' for at least a decade, without having to change damaged parts due to cheap materials, but maybe I should reconsider?

1 hour ago, mentoras said:

Oh, I admit I am terrorized by your post! So this is really a wear that my eyes are seeing?

I expected with the essential maintenance and good use of me, the car to be active and in 'good health' for at least a decade, without having to change damaged parts due to cheap materials, but maybe I should reconsider?

Wasn't trying to scare you lol. The internal baffles usually corrode fairly quickly,  due to usage of our AYGOs. Short journeys don't allow the water to fully evaporate from within the exhaust, which then causes corrosion. The back box is probably made from low grade steel, which is why the outside looks weathered so quickly.

I wouldn't worry too much, as they are cheap as chips to buy and half hour to fit. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a rather 'bad' habit in almost all cars that I had in my life, especially in the ones that it was barely visible to check the door lock: after locking the car, to manually check the doors by pulling the handles.
Today I did the same to aygo. And I found myself in a bad surprise. One of the back doors, opened a little bit! Fortunately not in the normal full extend! I do not know if I had the courage to pull it once more, whether it would be wide open or not!!!
Believe me, the door was closed before locking and also I did not put much effort, just a checking!
So, what is this?
Anyone had similar experience in aygo or other car? Is there a malfunction? Is it random? Is it easy to open back doors of aygo if someone put more effort? Should I do something?

• 2 weeks later...

I still see Yaris cars of the first generation on the roads. Almost 20 years old cars, and still going!

Can I assume that Aygo too, will be fully operative after 20 years?

One already sees Aygos on UK roads which date back to 2005 - 12 years old and still going strong.

They've done okay; Not as well as say, the Mk1 Yaris (I may be biased... ;), but the important bits should be pretty solid.

Just need to look out for silly design issues like the leaks and clutch and such when buying one. It mostly just seems to be niggly issues that crop up with age.

• Like 1

On 16/11/2017 at 4:43 PM, mentoras said:

Here is a photo:

exhaust.jpg

On 16/11/2017 at 5:21 PM, fordulike said:

3 years is what you get with pattern parts. It should last at least twice as long, I never changed an exhaust under 8 years.

8 minutes ago, TAuris said:

3 years is what you get with pattern parts. It should last at least twice as long, I never changed an exhaust under 8 years.

Mine was original.

• 3 weeks later...

cable1.jpg

cable2.jpg

cable3.jpg

Can somebody please tell me what are all these bare cables under the car hood?
I mean, besides the meaning of each one, why they are just bare? Is this the way for all new aygos?
Aren't these fragile? Will they have the proper duration in time?
Should I do something like going to a specialized service? But my car is just new and it is given to me like this!

Surely bare cable is where the insulation is stripped back, exposing the copper core.

The pictures show individual cables protruding from trunking and going to individual components.

No need to do anything with the cabling.

18 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Surely bare cable is where the insulation is stripped back, exposing the copper core.

The pictures show individual cables protruding from trunking and going to individual components.

No need to do anything with the cabling.

Ok, I understand. But what about durability in time?

7 minutes ago, mentoras said:

Ok, I understand. But what about durability in time?

It'll be fine. Just drive, service and most importantly, enjoy your car :wink:

Don't see there will be a problem. Most cars have similar cabling arrangements.

As far as I'm aware it is just a blanking piece.

Aygo's with push button start have the start switch there. Aygo's without push button start, which start using the ignition key/switch, have the blanking piece.

The position is reversed on right hand drive Aygo's.

It'll be the grill for the fan that blows air to your feet?