Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reading of messages & emails

Harters

A couple of times I have had a text message come through whilst I have been driving but they don't get announced.  I thought it may be due to the alerts coming through on my Apple Watch, but I have tried it without that linked and they still don't work.

I have gone into the phone settings on the touch screen and there are tick boxes for 'announce messages' and 'announce emails', but they are both greyed out. 

I can use Siri via voice recognition to read my messages once I have had the alert come through on my watch, but thats not ideal.  I can also send messages that way too.

Is there something I need to change on my phone or does it not work with iOS?

I have an Excel which has Touch & Go 2 I believe and iPhone 7 Plus running the latest iOS 11.01

Thanks

Steve

It is a default setting in IOS 11 that when it detects travelling it assumes you are the driver and mutes all incoming calls and messages.

I don't have IOS 11, but I believe you can disable it in the "Do not Disturb" area of settings.

HTH

5 minutes ago, Sooty said:

It is a default setting in IOS 11 that when it detects travelling it assumes you are the driver and mutes all incoming calls and messages.

I don't have IOS 11, but I believe you can disable it in the "Do not Disturb" area of settings.

HTH

Sorry I should have said, its done been like its since I had the car in March this year, therefore before the iOS11 and do not disturb while drivng which I have not enabled on my phone.  The messages still come through to my phone & Apple watch, but they do not get announced by the car.

Thanks

Sorted the messages. 

I found a setting in bluetooth settings for the touch and go connection on the phone  that had a slider for ‘announce messages’. One I set that to on the option was available on the touch and go settings. 

Reading of emails is still greater out but I’m not so bothered about that :huh:

• 1 month later...

I can read SMS but cannot reply or send new ones using the car. Is this a UK issue or is there a secret set up?

I have created a message using voice recognition. 

Think I said something like 'message joe bloggs mobile' and it asked me what I wanted to say, then ask if I wanted to send it. I was pleasantly surprised at how simple it was.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links