Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Roadster

Fidgits

What image do you think the new MR2 roadster has???  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What image do you think the new MR2 roadster has???

• Cool sports car
    • okay, but older ones are better
    • its a hairdressers car
    • You have to be a girl or a puff to drive one
    • dont know

Don't do it Ian!!

If you get one then that means i'll loose the "best MKIII" catagory at all the toc meets. :P :lol:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fidgits

• perry190

• Bibbs

• Bryn

I'd have a mk3 and turbo it if I could afford it :( I prefere the look of the mk2 but as a drivers car I bet there is very little thats better once they have had a turbo bolted on.

I don't think the mk3 looks !Removed! or girly at all, especially once dropped with some nice split rims :D

Maybe one day :D

i'd still go lotus or TVR if you want a roadster, even a honda s2000 would be preferable depending on budget.

TBH both the above comments state the obvious

If we could afford porsches and ferraris and lambos we'd be driving them.

we can't, so Toyota offer some of the better alternatives

Ferrari is far superiour to Porsche

therefore =>

MK II IS far superiour to MK III

Makes sence to myself

:P :D

therefore =>

Makes sence to myself

:P  :D

Judging by your spelling and grammar, i'm sure it is! :thumbsup: ;)

therefore =>

Makes sence to myself

i am dyslexic

Seriously

Are you takin the *****

just kiddin but i am actually dyslexic

asside from the spellin the point is still valid

Very Valid

therefore =>

Makes sence to myself

i am dyslexic

Seriously

Are you takin the *****

Very Valid

Each to their own, just defending my motor :thumbsup:

If it wasn't for spell checker and the wifes assistance mine wouldn't be all that good either ;)

therefore =>

Makes sence to myself

i am dyslexic

Seriously

Are you takin the *****

Very Valid

Each to their own, just defending my motor :thumbsup:

If it wasn't for spell checker and the wifes assistance mine wouldn't be all that good either ;)

Its cool i am only havin a laugh as well.

IMHO i do like the mk III but as they are competion against the mk II i favour the MK II

No ahrd feelins :D :D :thumbsup:

i have a silver one & believe me it cant be for puffs cos its the best fannymagnet ive ever had.

imo mk3s are the best looking new 2 seater available in its class, but the mk2 has more of a presence, havin driven both i still say the mk2 is quicker, but the mk3 just seems to be all about handling (why my test drive got cut short. another thing that dissapoints me is the interior, it feels well put together but the materials used dont feel as good as the mk2, the driving position isnt as comfortable as the mk2 and as has been said space is limited.

but as for people sayin im 6 foot and cant fit, im 6 2 and fitted ok.

given the choice i would go for a mk2 but would go for a mk3 over a mk1.

(i voted cool sports car)

Ferrari better than Porsche? Bah.

Ferrari is just a posh Fiat with a nice noise .. where a Porsche is SO much nice ;)

Ferrari is just a posh Fiat with a nice noise .. where a Porsche is SO much nice ;)

??? :eek:

You mean the F40, the 355 and the Enzo compared to say a 911 or dare i say it a Boxster.

Don't Understand that.

But as For the MKII and MKIII

MKII for me.

??? :eek:

You mean the F40, the 355 and the Enzo compared to say a 911 or dare i say it a Boxster.

Don't Understand that.

But as For the MKII and MKIII

MKII for me.

Okay then, if you are going to the ltd run cars .. the New Porsche GT is one of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen. And I'd take it over any Ferrari.

43146cb0.jpg

The F40,50 & 60 (enzo) are ltd run cars .. but I'd have a 911 over a 355 or even a 360. Ferrari's are so footballer's wives ..

Granted I'd not say "no", but if I had a choice.

fair enuf dude.

Have to admit your right with the GT it is a great lookin car as for the 911 i have seen vomit after a hard night out look better but that is just my opinon at the end of the day.

Im Sorry but i am just in love with the 355 (wouldnt make my two look like one - just wrong) but they are great lookin cars.

As for footballers wives dunno i feel the boxster is that sorta car, poncy but cheap in terms of the market.

IMHO only thought each to there own.

AS for the MKII the reason for them over the MKIII, i fell they look better and have heard the turbo is a lot faster than any MKIII. Just like them better

The Mk2 racing model is the SARD MC8-R, standard build for that had a 4.0l V8 with twin KKK turbo's :D :D :D

Lurvely piece of kit :D

That would be possibly the scariest thing to drive I can imagine.. Even my poultry little tubby can be a bit hairy, but twin kkk 4.0 v8 !!! I dont think I would last 5 minutes before being a quivering wreck ! :o

• 2 years later...

I just read this thread thinking there is going to be a new roadster!

Who voted on this poll and dragged a 2 year old thread up???!!!!

To be ruthlessly honest here i LOVE the mk3 MR2, I think it's a cracking car!

I must say that the turbo mk3 on page1 is very interesting... I wouldn't plaster the back of the car with 'TURBO' though - i'd keep it a big secret and have fun toasting everyone who underestimates it :D

(and from what I gather that's a large percentage of people even on a toyota lovers forum!)

Sam

well this has been an interesting read :P sorry oner of you doesnt like my rims, but hey we cant all be the same ;)

Was in two minds on putting the small VX220 turbo Badge on the back (Plaster ???) but when it comes down to it I hear comments all the time like "you cant get a turbo one of those" or " look he's just bought the Badge - muppet"

In the end they all learn the hard way :D :D :D

I've had the pleasure of owning both a mk 2 NA and Tubby as well and they were both outstanding motas. Looks wise the mk 2 is a bute in its 'ferrari' style and a great car to drive. the main advantage of the roadster of course is the soft top, which just cant be beat on a nice sunny day

now shes got the turbo shes not lacking in anyway as far as this owners concerned, but as said its all a matter of personal choice. :thumbsup:

:unsure:

I dont know whether its fate but i read this thread yesterday night after finding out that Perry190 past away on the 23rd of March.... :!Removed!: :(

I clicked on the celica club website and the first page is dedicated to this amazing chap.

http://www.celica-club.co.uk/

The MR2 Turbo on the first page of this thread is ... was :( his car which i took a load of pics at the bolney event a few years back.

He helped me numerous times with info etc when i first got my Celica over on the other forum and was as nice and helpful chap as you could wish for....

Im still in shock... RIP Perry... all my thoughts and condolences are with you and your loved ones...

Fizz.. as you know Perry had an MR2 Rpadster that he was currently doing some rather nice things with.. unfortunately due to recent events he never got the chance to finnish what is going to be a fantastic car. I said "is going to be a fantastic car" because some of the guys over on MR2Roc are going to finnish the project for him at JAE this year.. look out for it.

Incidently.. It as been said that he touched so many people in different ways.. I too have a small connection. I saw a Roadster with simillar graphics to what I have.. it belonged to Perry's m8, and no doubt Perry himself would have had a say in how it was to be :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links