Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Roadster

Fidgits

What image do you think the new MR2 roadster has???  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What image do you think the new MR2 roadster has???

• Cool sports car
    • okay, but older ones are better
    • its a hairdressers car
    • You have to be a girl or a puff to drive one
    • dont know

i think the car is pretty cool. theres a shop around here with one that's fitted with the kit the super autobacs car has. it looks awesome. :thumbsup: i think theyre fitting a turbo kit on it too. i think apex'i has one and it's producing around 220ish hp i think. im not sure if they made that an official kit but man, i wouldnt mind an mr-s

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fidgits

• perry190

• Bibbs

• Bryn

This poll is simply about image... and the opinion people have of the Mk3... nothing more, nothing less...

In that case I would advise this:

Ignore opinions beacause as we've proven already, 99% of these opinions have no foundation in fact or experience. The car itself is rare enough on our roads that most people have no opinion whatsoever, as they have no idea what it is.

Drive one. Go to dealer, or better yet find someone in your locality to take you out for a "proper" test drive, just ask on the Roadster Owners Club and I'm sure you'll find someone willing to 'educate' you with some back lane scratching and a pint in no time. Once driven, I promise that any reservations about image will be firmly kicked to the curb. Besides, if you get one, you'll be safe in the knowledge that you've bought one of the finest handling cars its possible to get your hands on, and for pocket money.

Of course if "image" is all thats imporatant, it could very well be that you're looking at the wrong car entirely...

This poll is simply about image... and the opinion people have of the Mk3... nothing more, nothing less...

In that case I would advise this:

Ignore opinions beacause as we've proven already, 99% of these opinions have no foundation in fact or experience. The car itself is rare enough on our roads that most people have no opinion whatsoever, as they have no idea what it is.

Drive one. Go to dealer, or better yet find someone in your locality to take you out for a "proper" test drive, just ask on the Roadster Owners Club and I'm sure you'll find someone willing to 'educate' you with some back lane scratching and a pint in no time. Once driven, I promise that any reservations about image will be firmly kicked to the curb. Besides, if you get one, you'll be safe in the knowledge that you've bought one of the finest handling cars its possible to get your hands on, and for pocket money.

Of course if "image" is all thats imporatant, it could very well be that you're looking at the wrong car entirely...

superb point :)

take one for a drive m8...

cheers for that GSB... thats helped a lot...

No, image isnt all thats important, but its certainly high on the list (what can i say, im a poser).

But thankyou, you have helped..

No, image isnt all thats important, but its certainly high on the list (what can i say, im a poser).

he has to pose extra hard, due to being gravitationally challenged he has to put in the extra effort so people notice :lol: :D :lol:

he has to pose extra hard, due to being gravitationally challenged he has to put in the extra effort so people notice :lol: :D :lol:

:rolleyes::boxing:

you've casued me enough confusion on the 'new car' issue Ryan...

the looks and the performance of the mk3 are not up to par with the mk1 and mk2

It was this bit i was correcting :thumbsup:

I know what you mean about the image - i think it all depends how its being driven, if its standard and the mentality of the person judging it.

350Z :P

350Z :P

shutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutup

shutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutup

shutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutup!

350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z 350Z

Extremely large pic removed and we all know what a 350Z look's like anyway, Sa

Edited by sorted avensis

A guy I used to work for walked by my mr2 when i was installing my border nose pointed at my spoiler and said that won’t make it any faster so I said to him wanna race??

he walked off and came back in a 350z and said what do you think of this I smiles and said v nice so do you wanna race then ??

he thought about it a couple of seconds and said he's too old lol !!Removed!!

suppose the thing is that coz his motor is new I know exactly how much bhp he’s got as he wouldn’t of modded it yet, but hes got no idea of what I got in my engine bay (even thou he would of thrashed my 3s-fe :lol: )

To be ruthlessly honest here i LOVE the mk3 MR2, I think it's a cracking car!

Saw one at my 'local' dealership a while ago - it had dual exhausts, looked and felt solid and is rare enough to take pride in having...

I must say that the turbo mk3 on page1 is very interesting... I wouldn't plaster the back of the car with 'TURBO' though - i'd keep it a big secret and have fun toasting everyone who underestimates it :D

(and from what I gather that's a large percentage of people even on a toyota lovers forum!)

and just for you fidgits, I think the image is good - rare, nice, well designed, civil, drop top, poke, cool :thumbsup:

Also was I reading that right with the printout that the mk3 with a TTE exhaust was running a 6.2 second 0-60? :o

isn't that about 2.5 seconds faster than the official 'book' time....

Sam

My personal opinion is that a Roadster is a damn fine car and have a look at this pic from the last northern mini meet, not one look's the same.

imgp0252.jpg

( Big thank's to Darth Paul, Noddynurdle, Silver MS2(?) from MR2ROC and of course our own Les for attending btw :yes: )

Seeing as your in no hurry, pop over to the mr2roc stand at JAE, have a chat and a look around and make your own mind up Ian :thumbsup:

p.s. see if you can blag a ride in one of the 4 horseman's car's, you won't regret it and they will know what you mean when you ask btw ;)

To be ruthlessly honest here i LOVE the mk3 MR2, I think it's a cracking car!

I must say that the turbo mk3 on page1 is very interesting... I wouldn't plaster the back of the car with 'TURBO' though - i'd keep it a big secret and have fun toasting everyone who underestimates it :D

(and from what I gather that's a large percentage of people even on a toyota lovers forum!)

Sam

well this has been an interesting read :P sorry oner of you doesnt like my rims, but hey we cant all be the same ;)

Was in two minds on putting the small VX220 turbo Badge on the back (Plaster ???) but when it comes down to it I hear comments all the time like "you cant get a turbo one of those" or " look he's just bought the Badge - muppet"

In the end they all learn the hard way :D :D :D

I've had the pleasure of owning both a mk 2 NA and Tubby as well and they were both outstanding motas. Looks wise the mk 2 is a bute in its 'ferrari' style and a great car to drive. the main advantage of the roadster of course is the soft top, which just cant be beat on a nice sunny day

now shes got the turbo shes not lacking in anyway as far as this owners concerned, but as said its all a matter of personal choice. :thumbsup:

That's one thing I'd love on a Mk2 .. soft top ..

But the Mk2 TRD Spider doesn't look quite right .. Needs to be more 355/360 like ..

Yeah .. think it needs fattening .. like a TRD kit ..

Where did you get your Turbo fitted? I've seen a few at Millway over the years ..

Seeing as your in no hurry, pop over to the mr2roc stand at JAE, have a chat and a look around and make your own mind up Ian :thumbsup:

p.s. see if you can blag a ride in one of the 4 horseman's car's, you won't regret it and they will know what you mean when you ask btw ;)

Its actually only 2 horsemen now (turbo'd roadsters) ones moved to menorca (lucky sod) and the other one (me) has had his membership revoked following a dissagreement with a moderator. not allowed on the site now as I'm a bad man :arrgg-matey: :censor:

seeing the mention of the 350z, went for a spin in one last week as a passenger, furk me that is one beast of a mota, that v6 screams power! I see the import soft tops are over here now at £36k. if I had the dosh I would change to one of those now no probs, I can see that being the skyline of the future :drool:

Have they stopped the RB26DETT production now .. I'd have thought one of those in a 350Z would be a "bit good" ..

Its actually only 2 horsemen now (turbo'd roadsters) ones moved to menorca (lucky sod) and the other one (me) has had his membership revoked following a dissagreement with a moderator. not allowed on the site now as I'm a bad man :arrgg-matey: :censor:

seeing the mention of the 350z, went for a spin in one last week as a passenger, furk me that is one beast of a mota, that v6 screams power! I see the import soft tops are over here now at £36k. if I had the dosh I would change to one of those now no probs, I can see that being the skyline of the future :drool:

now ya talking mate.. 350Z soft top :drool:

And by the way.. were you sat on the grass next to your mota at Bolney?? as i just wanna say it was one of my favs at the event mate... :thumbsup:

Love the work you done.. B)

Yeah .. think it needs fattening .. like a TRD kit ..

Where did you get your Turbo fitted? I've seen a few at Millway over the years ..

a mates toyota dealership did the pipework side and a friend and I did the electrics, the Power Enterprise kit is almost plug and play, so you dont need to pay out on the likes of milway rolling road time etc. however getting the right mapping is the important bit, which another friend helped me with via a wide band 02 sensor. (god bless im! :D )

she's going like dream now it has to be said

cheers fizz :D :D :D

yeah I was sat by my mota on and off, 6'2" ugly as hell with a trd t-shirt on as far as I remember.

Jap Performance took some piccys and said that they wanted to do a feature, in junes issue they said that it was going to be featured soon :thumbsup:

cheers fizz :D :D :D

yeah I was sat by my mota on and off, 6'2" ugly as hell with a trd t-shirt on as far as I remember.

Jap Performance took some piccys and said that they wanted to do a feature, in junes issue they said that it was going to be featured soon :thumbsup:

well ya couldn't have missed me mate.. i was drooling over ya car taking those pics.. and i was one of the very few Pakistani guys round.. if not the only one there.. :lol:

yep think I saw ya, mind you there were a few people clicking away with cameras and phones :rolleyes:

not much has happened to her since then, have ordered a charge cooler set up and a veilside wing for her, found a supplier who could get the wing on its own :D (most will only sell it with the kit)

bolneys always a good day out if your into modding jap motas

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links