Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Roadster

Fidgits

What image do you think the new MR2 roadster has???  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What image do you think the new MR2 roadster has???

• Cool sports car
    • okay, but older ones are better
    • its a hairdressers car
    • You have to be a girl or a puff to drive one
    • dont know

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fidgits

• perry190

• Bibbs

• Bryn

just to state that the MR2 mk3 is not a ladies car (notice i am a polite lad) to the undismissable evdence of the fact no woman would want a car and not be able to go shopping in it

my proof is that my little darling was 3 years 9 month when i got her one previous owner (a lady) and only 5500 miles on the clock.

hope i didnt offend you ladies as i do know there are exceptions to every rule

same as some guys like to shop thats why they have big cars to get more shopping in

:eek::eek:

Its actually only 2 horsemen now (turbo'd roadsters) ones moved to menorca (lucky sod) and the other one (me) has had his membership revoked following a dissagreement with a moderator. not allowed on the site now as I'm a bad man :arrgg-matey: :censor:

You'll have to park with us at JAE then? That way we can all drool over your car! :D :drool:

Its actually only 2 horsemen now  (turbo'd roadsters)  ones moved to menorca (lucky sod) and the other one (me) has had his membership revoked following a dissagreement with a moderator.  not allowed on the site now as I'm a bad man  :arrgg-matey:  :censor:

You'll have to park with us at JAE then? That way we can all drool over your car! :D :drool:

aye.. so does this mean your gonna be a TOC fella now.. :lol:

had a race with one on a private road other day B) was pretty close but either he chickened out or his car wouldn't go faster than 130 mph :P

Just as the mk2 is the poor mans Ferrari the mk3 is the poor mans Porsche Boxster!

aye.. so does this mean your gonna be a TOC fella now.. :lol:

Well I'm here ;)

I'm still an active member of the celica club being an ex modded 190 owner and they are a great bunch of guys/gals and well into mods etc. Went over to europe with a bunch of celicas a few weeks back and wacked it dow to biarritz B)

GT4 Carlos Sainz

Supercharged gen 6

veilside gen 7

My Roadster turbo

unfortunately my mate who's had his gen 7 140 turbo'd still didnt have his mota back from the garage so we didnt get a chance to see how that went :(

Problem I'm finding at the mo is that there arnt really many roadster owners into modding their cars to any great extent. I think the mk 3 is great mota in its own right, but I do like to individualise ;) :rolleyes:

Must say you mk 2 owners seem friendly tho....so far :thumbsup:

Tazza: top end is ******* on a bog standard NA mk 3, but handling is prety damn good

I voted Girly/puff

'Cos if being a man means driving some of the nonce machines you have, then you can paint my nails and call me Shirley.

4_15_3.gif

10_6_4.gif

4_1_72.gif23_2_11.gif

Girly!?!

04tm030m.jpg

04tm031m.jpg

011ph_010.jpg

013_019a.jpg

I don't think so. There was/is a body kit to make MR2 look like the race car. Wicked!

Scott

Girly!?!

Yup :D When you look at what was before ..

sw20-sard-mc8-lemans.jpg

c26.LNStand.jpg

hyper16.jpg

mc8r.jpg

yeah but when you break them down neither of those race versions has much to do with the road car you or I drive. just about name only ;-)

You have to be a girl or a puff to drive one!  (In standard form).........

Indeed, when compared to the throbbing 4 wheeled estrogen fueled tart chariot you drive (A Yaris GS FFS!), it's a pink tricycle with handlebar tassles... It clearly has no right to share the Queens highway with such rarified exotica as your steed...

Jesus... I'm disapointed when I get one of those as a courtesy car, and you paid good money for one? And then reckon my car is a girls car?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:rolleyes:

• 8 months later...

Well i actually think that the mr2 roadster is a really good little sports car. I drove one last year as my wife was considering to up grade to one. Like said in the post before if you are looking for a car which is all about imagine then this car is the one for you. It say's i t all style and class. Even on the twisty bit's it also a great car and i think anyone would be proud to have it parked on there driveway.

I think that the 1.8 vvti engine does it justice as it's a very responsive ride. One could only imagine how it would be like if it had a turbo fitted or a super charger. Personally i could see you in it mate fidgit :thumbsup:

jerry!!

well, this poll has been dragged up from history...

But interestingly, I was thinking about the Roadster again the other week, and had the thought, with the new T-Sport Corrola having the TTE compressor fitted to its 1.8VVTi engine.. surely that could be done to the Mk3, which has the same engine... or at least block...

a 225bhp Mk3 would be quite nice i think....

I think the mk3 is quite nice looking overall BUT I really don't like the front lights, they just look crap. Could also do with an extra 20-30bhp from what people have said.

I think the mk3 is quite nice looking overall BUT I really don't like the front lights, they just look crap. Could also do with an extra 20-30bhp from what people have said.

Was about to post exact same thing almost ! Backend looks okish (would look better with a wing, but the backend of the SW20's is never going to be beat), front looks like poo. Not keen on convertibles or soft tops either which 99% of them are.

Good to see the Mk2 boys taking the mk3 seriously for a change...

well, this poll has been dragged up from history...

But interestingly, I was thinking about the Roadster again the other week, and had the thought, with the new T-Sport Corrola having the TTE compressor fitted to its 1.8VVTi engine.. surely that could be done to the Mk3, which has the same engine... or at least block...

a 225bhp Mk3 would be quite nice i think....

Certainly would... The TTE compressor wont fit though, sue to the intake side of the engines close proximity to the bulkhead. You could cut the bulkhead, but you'd lose the use of the softtop.

The 1.8 litre engine fitted to the CTS is not the same as the one in the MR2, the 2ZZ-GE looks similar to the 1ZZ-FE, but they are very different, and hardly any parts are actually interchangable. That said, its a fairly simple swap and goes into the roadster with little modification, and having been scared witless in just such a car, I can say that 190bhp is more than enough! Of course, some always want more, and 3 oeners on MR2ROC have just imported Hass turbo kits for thier Mk3's, the most extreme version giving about 300bhp at the wheels...

Unichip does just that. I just organised a GB for 20 chips and harnesses for the roadsters. The one thats been dyno'd thus far returned 165bhp over a pre chip reading af 138bhp. Decent for a car wieghing less than a tonne. As for the lights, they changed them in 2003, although I have to say I prefer the earlier ones. The car does look better with a rear spoiler of some kind, although subtle is better here!

and the tubbies? i know they are imports... but new i was told about £24k?

seeing as this thread has been resurrected,......

i believe that the tubbies were £28k new, but i could be wrong. :unsure:

however this is the price i tell people when they question why a 1993 car is still worth so much! :thumbsup:

The one thats been dyno'd thus far returned 165bhp over a pre chip reading af 138bhp. Decent for a car wieghing less than a tonne.

Wooooo - that was me - 2 other members have had similar gains!!

Girly!?!

Yup :D When you look at what was before ..

sw20-sard-mc8-lemans.jpg

c26.LNStand.jpg

hyper16.jpg

mc8r.jpg

Is this the MK2 ? :drool:

i am confused

is there a kit like this availabel for what ever it is :D

:thumbsup:

Bryn

It it a SARD racing car .. based on the Mk2 .. and ran at Le Mans ..

And no, it's not a kit ..

The Mk2 racing model is the SARD MC8-R, standard build for that had a 4.0l V8 with twin KKK turbo's :D :D :D

Lurvely piece of kit :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links