Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1980 Carina build thread

Dixie85

Right start this off at the beginning so may take a little bit of a read lol.

You know how it starts a friend of a friend's friend has a project car which is offered as it's just too much work with new baby and family

We all know the story it happens quite a lot now we were told it was a classic ford project (hence why I was asked lol) 

Now fast forward 5 weeks it wasn't a ford it was indeed a Toyota carina. It has now been moved to it's temporarily outdoor home (until workshop space is freed up) I will also add that moving a bare Shell with one dolly in the dark is hard work lol.

So we thought it was a 1981 mk3 carina a60 after some homework it is actually a 1980 mk2 carina a50 (facelift from earlier mk2 a40)

Regardless this won't be a back to stock build the previous keeper had started modifications so we shall continue. 

The plan is as we have potentially sourced a Hendricks motorsport race engine (NASCAR) with 820+ hp and enough torque to spin the planet in the opposite direction. To build a full custom tubular chassis/roll cage within the current Shell. Think a nascar that looks like a old Toyota. 

Now just to make you aware this is a joint build between myself and a friend Ryan it will take some time as he's just starting a business and I am still recovering from multiple breaks in my spine. So bear with us it's his first custom build so a massive learning curve. And I have the experience but just have to take it steady lol.

Anyway you now know the score what the plan is here's a couple of pics 

First one is how she looked prior to being stripped 

From there is how she currently looks stripped back to bare bones (note the spoiler and tail light mods by previous keeper)

And finally the engine we are hoping to squeeze into the bay.

So more to come..........

received_10214146468045829.jpeg

20170929_112325.jpg

20170929_112241.jpg

20170929_112303.jpg

s-l500.jpg

• Like 1