Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav 4 Diesel Reliability?

ReliabilityHunter

Rav 4 2.0 2WD Diesel 2015 Plate

Anything I should know about regarding reliability issues? Common problems?

Thanks in advance:-)

In the UK, the Rav4 had Toyota diesel engines up to December 2015 - from December 2015 the range was revised, and the BMW N47 diesel was introduced, with the hybrid following early in 2016.

21 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

In the UK, the Rav4 had Toyota diesel engines up to December 2015 - from December 2015 the range was revised, and the BMW N47 diesel was introduced, with the hybrid following early in 2016.

It was registered in March 2015, so it's not got the BMW Engine in it. What do you know about the Toyota Engine? Also is there any issues with the Diesel Particulate Filter, or Dual Mass Flywheel?

The Toyota diesels in the Rav4 had possible head gasket/oil consumption issues on engines built up to Dec 2008, but have been relatively trouble free since. Any diesel can have dpf issues dependent on driving history, etc.

9 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The Toyota diesels in the Rav4 had possible head gasket/oil consumption issues on engines built up to Dec 2008, but have been relatively trouble free since. Any diesel can have dpf issues dependent on driving history, etc.

In your opinion, what's the most reliable diesel engine in any SUV from 2015 onwards? :-)

To be fair probably not a great question as the years haven't passed enough yet.

Nick's comment above should be given some thought. I worked in garages almost all my life and never had to put a spanner on a Honda engine apart from the usual servicing. Mike.

Have been some dpf issues with the Honda 2.2, culminating in a recall to update the ECU

I have a 2010 Rav with 98,000 miles on it. Serviced every 10000, no problems at all. Just run in I reckon as it now uses no oil between services, it used to use about a pint earlier on every 10000.

I had a 2009 RAV with the 150 bhp engine. I traded it earlier this year with 85 k on the clock and apart from a Battery, services and tyres it never cost me a penny.

Never let me down. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links