Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T180 V6 conversion

Alex_O

Hi

I own a 2007 T180. I like that it looks like an everyday shopping Auris but has 400Nm of torque. But there's also the Blade Master G. Only available in Japan / Aus / Nz. I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge / advice / experience of fitting the 2GR-FE 3.5litre Lexus V6 engine / drivetrain / (probably exhaust system too) into the UK t180 Auris? I understand that the rear suspension is pretty much set up for the extra power. Maybe the front suspension needs beefing up. What about the brakes (they seem pretty good anyways)? Anyone got any idea if there's anyone in the UK who could do such a conversion? I think it would be pretty much the ultimate Q car (for a hatchback). 

I know it's a long shot. But it would be amazing if it could be done.

Looked into this myself.

No one is willing to do the job. 

And for the extra power is it worth the extra weight. 

Unless you go mad with it. 

Looked into other options and I'll just be doing the conversion myself. 

• Like 1

Well - extra power vs extra weight? I seen 0-60 is 6.2 seconds. So... yeh :) But thx for answer - I suspected as much :(

A mapped 2.2 is pretty quick.

Tobmakenitnworth while you would have to look outside Toyota to get a turbo charged or supercharged engine in

• Like 1

Wait. You can _map_ the t180? I thought you were limited to tuning boxes. And am uncertain what they do to the injectors etc long term. 

Or you could personally import the car. The car is right hand drive and when I researched the Blade Master G, I found videos (including some from Jamaica). The engine is the earlier 2GR-FE engine without the clever dual injector, direct injection of the later 2GR-FSE. The 2GR-FSE engine has both port and direct injection. Reliability of the 2GR-FE engine should be good compared to the 2AD 2.2 diesel. I wonder how much worse the fuel consumption is comparing the V6 to the diesel?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex_O said:

Wait. You can _map_ the t180? I thought you were limited to tuning boxes. And am uncertain what they do to the injectors etc long term. 

the Denso encrytption was finally broken ~18 months - 2 years ago. There are a limited no. of firms doing it though iirc.

• Like 1