Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Couple of questions - Can you help?

Steve Douglas

Hi all, I am hoping someone can help. I have had my new C-HR Excel for a month and quite pleased with it, lovely looking and everyone that see's it wants one. 

I have two questions:

1. Is there a way to turn up the brightness of the lighting around the cup holder and door storage bit? If yes, how do I do that?

2. I have the Touch 2 system and wanted to know if I have to manually update the maps and software or does it do it automatically via the in-car WIFI? If manually does anyone know how to check if it needs updating and how to do this?

Many thanks in advance

Steve

Hello Steve - welcome to Toyota Owners Club

As regards the brightness of the lighting, this maybe covered in the full owners manual which one can download from My Toyota - https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eManual

Updating maps has to be done manually, it has been covered in other threads but the process is something like...

Got to Toyota site and find shop.

Locate maps which might have a price against them!

Add map to basket and price should become zero

Download to local drive - do not download to memory stick (this took me a long time)

Extract map files to memory stick - there seems to be no option to just extract the files you want so you have to get all of Europe as individual countries which was also slow

Turn on car and put memory stick in USB port - need to be in ready mode not accessory to prevent power off while loading maps

System should see that map upgrade is available from USB and allow you to select individual countries to install - strongly suggest you make a selection rather than the default all

Turn radio on and wait for maps to install - this took me a long time even with just UK maps selected

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links