Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Aygo Xplay Basic Radio with DAB

dav806

Hi All

I collected my New Aygo on Thursday after trying to spend 12 months with a 17 year old Ford Puma!  Anyway I always use the DAB radio in the wife's Toyota's and was looking forward to planet rock being listened to daily in my car, After collecting the car I tried to tune the DAB but could only find 7 stations!!!  I have messed and mauled about with it since Thursday and was on the point of booking the car in for Toyota to sort when I found the solution.  What you have to do is tune it to one of the 7 stations then turn the menu knob and it then displays the numerous stations in that group, for example I could only find BBC Radio 1, you tune it to that then when you turn the menu knob it displays Radio 2,3,4 etc.  I'm now very happy with the new car and look forward to driving it daily whilst rock music and adverts fill the air!  Hope this helps as the owners manual is useless and nobody else seems to have had this issue on the forums!

• Like 3

I too was having this problem and just gave up on it but you've provided the answer. I've had Rosie 7 months now and she's been really good, good luck with yours.

• 7 months later...

Thank you dav806! Was having the same issue with the DAB and getting frustrated but I can now listen to Planet Rock in our Aygo xPlay! Got very close to heading back to the garage (for what would have been an embarrassing moment) but your comment saved the day, thanks!

DAB radio works well. Its a bit intolerant to poor signal ( same as any digital source) and will cut out if the signal drops below a certain level. Rarely happens though.

The USB player is also magnificent.  I've got one of these crammed with loads of music.

http://amzn.eu/hMeQoHh

Unobtrusive and fast in operation.  Takes a while to "Load" first time you use it .. but after that the multimedia system organises the albums and tracks very well.

By the way you CAN make the system display album cover art ( despite what Toyota may tell you!!) _ if you get stuck let me know and I'll tell you how to do it!

• 11 months later...

Thank you so much. 1 year I have owned that car and never knew you could do that!