Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

06 yaris creep

negativepitch

I have just bought an 06 yaris 44000 miles. (A few hours ago)

When I stop on a hill it rolls backwards, is this right?

When I am on a flat surface and in drive the car does not creep forward and I have to blip the pedal a bit which in turn causes the car to lurch forward.

Also the car does not creep backwacks when in reverse

Sorry to ask so many questions. I do have a few more but will ask later.

Thanks for any repies. 

Is it the MMT (Multi Mode Transmission)?

The MMT is an automated manual gearbox rather than a full automatic.

Im not sure, all I know is that its an 06 reg, I have just rang the dealer as I am having problems pulling off from a junction up a hill as it goes to change gear but then loses all power and almost stops then really jerks forward and struggles.

If you bought it from a dealer and it is the MMT, then I would return it and get a refund. I'm not sure of the time frame, but am almost certain you can reject it and get your money back. Believe me, you will have nothing but problems if it's the MMT!

• Like 1

OK, we bought from a private dealer this morning , just waiting for them to ring me back.

Thanks for the info

Didn't you test drive first?

I'm with David above, get your money back if you can. Those early automated manual boxes were designed in collaboration with the devil himself.

1 hour ago, Berisford said:

Didn't you test drive first?

I'm with David above, get your money back if you can. Those early automated manual boxes were designed in collaboration with the devil himself.

Yes, it all seemed fine on the test drive apart from the odd hesitating in changing gear, from 1st to 2nd and we took it on our own for around 30 minutes, no hills though, and didnt even think about seeing if it would creep.

I suppose it all depends on what you can live with. I've driven an AYGO MMT and it certainly didn't creep on level ground, or hold on a hill. Although it was a mk1, which I believe didn't have hill start assist, which I think the later model has. 

It wasn't for me, as I noticed hesitation in first, and I like to be able to pull away sharply on roundabouts and junctions, from a safety PoV.

I have just been talking to one of my facebook friends who I didnt even know he worked for Toyota for 16 years.

Copied from my facebook.

Carl Byatt It needs reprogramming & gearbox learning 1/2hr job I 

Carl Byatt Go to Toyota dealer tell them you want gearbox resynchronised. Learning values. They should charge 0.5hr max & no you don't need a new ECU let me know how you get on

13 minutes ago, negativepitch said:

I have just been talking to one of my facebook friends who I didnt even know he worked for Toyota for 16 years.

Copied from my facebook.

Carl Byatt It needs reprogramming & gearbox learning 1/2hr job I 

Carl Byatt Go to Toyota dealer tell them you want gearbox resynchronised. Learning values. They should charge 0.5hr max & no you don't need a new ECU let me know how you get on

Excellent, hope it sorts out the issue :smile:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links