Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

High Beam

mickandjanet

Driving home last night down an unlit country road and I needed to put on my high beam light, on trying to push the lever forward to activate the high beam the lever would not go forward so had to pull the lever back to the flash mode and hold it there, tried varrious times to push the lever forward but had to revert back to the flash mode, tried again this morning and still the same, this car has the automatic dip function, anyone else had this problem or is it a visit to Mr T.      2017 DESIGN CVT

As far as I'm aware, if you had the automatic high beam on, you need to turn it off to manually select high beam.

If you download the full owners manual ( https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eManual ), pages 287 to 292 describe how automatic high beam works.

If it helps - on my Mazda with auto main beam lights...

If the main switch is set to auto you can still pull/push the stalk to the dip or main beam positions.  When in the dip position the lights stay constantly dipped.  When in the main beam position they change to main beam according to the criteria being met ie no cars in front of you or coming towards you etc.  Mine has a green light telling you that auto main beam mode is enabled, and the light changes to blue while the main beams are on.

If the main switch is set to headlights (ie not to auto) then the main beam performs as normal by pulling/pushing for main beam.

Mine doesn't like steamed up windows or frost etc, and sometimes it thinks a reflection from certain road signs etc is an oncoming car - perhaps yours could be similar.

Thanks for your replies guys, after reading the on line manual I checked that the main switch was activated, this is located below the the light leveler control on the r/h side together with the crash warning and lane departure switches, pressed the switch and the automatic light sign turned green on the info panel and all is now well,

Thanks all

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links